New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yeah me too, my Uncle and one of friendly mechanic told me that, pero ksbay na rin nun, practice na rin ng quick shifting pra sa pangdrag, cguro sa may Valle Verde (starting from white plains) sa madaling Araw kaya mga 100, sa C5 (from valle verde exit upto Market market, konting ingat pero kung swerte kayang mag 120++) cguro ginagawa ko toh, once or twice a week.

Add na rin, if Hinataw mo nga ung kotse mo, syempre mainit un, hayaan mo naman mag cooldown ng konti bago mo i-park, meaning medyo ibalik mo sa regular na takbo nya before mag park.. prang tibok lng ng puso yan eh, pag mabilis ang tibok, syempre papababain mo xa sa regular na tibok ng puso? ayt? hehe

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    forgot to mention. if your engine is NA, just make sure that it is in normal operating temperature. as for the force-induced (read: turbo-charged), it is always important to warm-it up before doing your run and cool it down after your run.

on cooling down, just let the engine idle for one to two minutes before turning it off. then after several hours, you might as well check the engine oil level. nababawasan din yun on prolonged high-speed driving.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    It is important to note that exercising your engine is NOT gunning it.

There are others who think that they are giving their engine a "good workout" by jackrabbiting it at stoplights .

If you want to "hataw" do it in a gradual manner and never prolong for too long.

One more thing. Don't take the phrase "Drive It Like You Stole It" seriously. It ain't cool when you end up on the side of a bus or hit a brick wall.

Believe me.
    Last edited by Memphis Raines; September 5th, 2007 at 11:53 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    diba ang key sa Italian tune up ay hindi lang sa speed? Dapat namemaintain mo sya ng matagal maski 80 Km/hr lang takbo mo.

Pansin ninyo, pag maganda takbo ninyo papuntang Baguio (Manila to Baguio), ang kulay ng tambutso ninyo ay color white.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    white color in tail pipe means that there is something wrong with your engine. it could be water seeping out. the best color to expect if you have an healthy engine is slightly brown in color. whereas, moist black means you got oil seeping past thru your engine.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex View Post
    white color in tail pipe means that there is something wrong with your engine. it could be water seeping out. the best color to expect if you have an healthy engine is slightly brown in color. whereas, moist black means you got oil seeping past thru your engine.
    nyak ganun? maski ni long drive?

lagi bang ganun ang ibig sabihin nun? kasi lahat ng naging sasakyan kong nilong drive eh white ang smoke, pag city driving slightly brown or dark brown.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    yes, giving ur engine a good "workout" is highly recommended. it really helps if you can let ur engine stretch its lungs from time to time. i believe this helps my engine's efficiency and power. i try to go on long drives pg weekends, mostly tagaytay. minsan pg tinopak all the way to nasugbu and beyond. tlgang joyride lng. usually with the windows down pra makasagap din ng fresh air ska dun ko n din nilalabas yng pent up need for speed ko. luwag kse ng mga kalsada e. hehehe....
    OT: ang hindi ko p nagagawa lately is drive to mariveles, bataan. i might take the trip sometime soon. there is a stretch from balanga to mariveles na sobrang luwag ng hi-way. (i used to race there with a friend na tga dun kso nsa states n sya ngyn kya hindi n ko nkkpunta)

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    White smoke in Baguio could mean water condensing in the tail pipe... you have to verify this in dry, warm conditions. Many cars smoke white in the rain or in the cold.

The Italian tune-up is not about speed... it's about working your engine through the revs. Which means accelerating full-bore (or, if you're not sure your engine will take it, almost full-bore... but if you're not sure it'll take it, you shouldn't be doing it. ).

Inside Manila, there are few places to do this. Most you can do is a couple of runs near the top of second gear on lonely stretches of EDSA or C5, but it's near impossible in traffic.

Maintained high speeds on the highway don't really help as much, either. It needs to be a dynamic work-out.

Best place is the track. about 5-10 laps will make the car feel much looser and more eager to rev. Just don't overdo it... I've had some friends blow engines at tracks by engine-braking, over-revving and driving the nuts off the car (sad thing is, for one friend, it wasn't even him who was driving when it let go!). But if you stay within the engine's limits, shift a few hundred rpms before redline (bouncing off the revlimiter is not nice), and give it proper warm-up and cool-down time on track, it'll feel spectacularly fit for the next two or three weeks.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The problem with tracks is it also exercises the handling part, which means if it's already old bushings might yield and repairs might need to be done. However if it's still a fresh new car then by all means head to the track and suit up that helmet. Just be sure to play it safe; otherwise, not only will the carbon deposits be burned but also your wallet if you're not careful, miscalculate and lose control.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    bodywork... brake pads... brake discs (if you're an idiot and keep running with warped rotors at high heat)... more bodywork when your overworked brakes give way...

But for those who know how to play it safe, trackdays are a wonderful way to work off steam and exercise your car's engine.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Paminsan-minsan i-hataw ang tsikot