New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Tuto o ba na paminsan-minsan ay ihataw mo ang tsikot mo para daw iyong mga deposits sa makina ay matanggal?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yes, but make sure you're not pushing it beyond its limit. That's overdoing it...

It's called an "Italian Tune Up". Go for a good long drive at high speed to make the oil hot and allow it to circulate in the engine really well and get the EGT's up there so that carbon build up in the exhaust manifold could be somehow burnt up (assuming it's not too thick yet). Otherwise you could have the manifolds cleaned if really dirty and then from there do the Italian tune up...

Most importantly be safe!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    yep. there's truth to it. a few friends of mine in the states actually do it in a dyno since it's illegal to go over the speed limit.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Paano gawaing, may steps ba? And for how far, mga ilan Km?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    true, para mainat but always with the aide of extreme caution.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Philippine roads cannot really vouch for this kind of long-distance, high speed driving (100+kph). I frequently go 80mph here in the US and sometimes it takes a few hours to get to my destination when going on long trips. That's when I make sure the oil level is just right, tires are good, cooling system checks out and I head for the highway once engine is warmed up.

It doesn't really matter how far, how long it takes, etc. as long as you get the car up to speed on a regular basis. It's just like exercise, you have to exercise once in a while to get that heart pumping. In the same manner you need to get that engine hot and running. This also allows the seals to get oiled and protected from getting dry, getting hard and eventually failing.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Yes, but make sure you're not pushing it beyond its limit. That's overdoing it...

It's called an "Italian Tune Up". Go for a good long drive at high speed to make the oil hot and allow it to circulate in the engine really well and get the EGT's up there so that carbon build up in the exhaust manifold could be somehow burnt up (assuming it's not too thick yet). Otherwise you could have the manifolds cleaned if really dirty and then from there do the Italian tune up...

Most importantly be safe!
    +1

although there are only a few public roads where you can do this safely locally (the stretch to tabang in NLEX is a good one, or the stretch past San Fernando although this is heavily monitored for speeders now).

The goal is to get the temperature up a bit, get that oil flowing and blow out those built up carbon deposits. But of course dont overdo it or you might end up damaging your engine even more.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Pag dinadala nyo sa mall on weekends, un medyo malau-lau sa inu at maluwang ang daan na hindi rin pahintu-hinto.

Sakin either SLEX goin to Alabang or STAR going to Lipa.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    Paano gawaing, may steps ba? And for how far, mga ilan Km?

Oo nga ...... paano nga ba gawin ito? Para matanggal yung mga carbon deposits sa engine, needed bang gawin ito sa arangkada (yung nasa 2nd - 3rd gear ba at around 4K+ RPM) o sa cruising speed (rekta) dapat gawin ito?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    yan din ang sabi ng uncle kong mekaniko at ng tatay ko. paminsan-minsan ok lang ihataw, basta wag lang sosobra. sa NLEX 100-140 kph dun sa mga unrestricted zones kapag maluwag ang kalsada.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Paminsan-minsan i-hataw ang tsikot