5 41.67%
  • No way

1 8.33%
  • Doesnt matter for me

6 50.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    my earliest recollection of the screaming chickens would be smokey and the bandit. always wanted one of those trans ams!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I can't see the vid, but if it's the mustang... yes, they're everywhere...well, in the US (was there last Feb-March 07), like three of the biggest rental companies have them, like each time you look as I drove in the streets of Phoenix, there was one...and seen some 500 GT's too.

When I got back, I saw a new red one on my way to work along edsa.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    my earliest recollection of the screaming chickens would be smokey and the bandit. always wanted one of those trans ams!
    I had a similar (used) one except it was white with (bleh) red interior, and flaming skull (Ghost Rider) license plate up front. That was my first car when I got back here. The previous owner didn't take good care of it though. The leather seats had holes with the yellow foam coming out plus there were a few dents. I had to get rid of it because I couldn't afford the maintenance. The tires alone were $300 apiece in 1985 prices.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 11th, 2007 at 03:14 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravoexo View Post
    I can't see the vid, but if it's the mustang... yes, they're everywhere...well, in the US (was there last Feb-March 07), like three of the biggest rental companies have them, like each time you look as I drove in the streets of Phoenix, there was one...and seen some 500 GT's too.

When I got back, I saw a new red one on my way to work along edsa.
    How'd you like Phoenix? AZ is Mustang country (along with bleh, TX )

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    everyone knows what a mustang is, youre right, it may already be part of the vernacular... "mustang sally..."

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    here's a clip from the same show of a more recent incarnation of the mustang not quite living up to the reputation:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kGd1UBUDv...elated&search=

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bbt View Post
    here's a clip from the same show of a more recent incarnation of the mustang not quite living up to the reputation:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kGd1UBUDv...elated&search=
    That's just one model and it's mainly the suspension they griped about. Now, Roush and Saleen Mustangs..... they're tuned for this sort of driving. Ford does offer factory enhancements. Of coure, they probably go through Saleen, anyway.

Certainly the ones I've seen at the Silver State Classic can still maneuver somewhat at 200 mph or better.

As a whole, the Mustang's still a legend.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    somebody should caption that vid "this is your brain on drugs"

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    somebody should caption that vid "this is your brain on drugs"
    Well, if he's on drugs, I want whatever he's sniffing. My uncles were either Dodge or GM pony-car owners when they were my age. My dad had a very rare V8 Dodge Dart and 2 of my uncles opted for the V8 Pontiac Firebird. 2 other uncles had V8s of some sort. I remember dimly one uncle having a 71 Oldsmobile Cutlass. Last one I can't recall. All of them had to get rid of their ponycars and settle for family cars after the energy crisis hit.

But none of them ever had a Mustang. I want to change that trend. I want one even an old junky one as a hobby car. Even my Dad asked me to get one. Problem's the wife. She doesn't seem to understand a guy's fascination with cars.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 13th, 2007 at 05:26 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try using the ultimate rationale:

"e, kesa mambabae ako?"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
one man's opinion...