New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    what if nabaha nga yung oto pero napalitan naman ng buong engine including the transmission at cpu? worthed na din diba? yung interiors napalinisan naman na and pina rewire na din ang electrical...yun e kung kilala mo yung bibilhan mo at alam mong sa kakilala mo talaga galing...pero galing sa stranger, think twice or even 100 times

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ninetyperz View Post
    what if nabaha nga yung oto pero napalitan naman ng buong engine including the transmission at cpu? worthed na din diba? yung interiors napalinisan naman na and pina rewire na din ang electrical...yun e kung kilala mo yung bibilhan mo at alam mong sa kakilala mo talaga galing...pero galing sa stranger, think twice or even 100 times

If the previous owner has spent so much time and money restoring the car, why are they selling it then?

"New" engine/ecu/wiring and yet they sold it. That makes me wonder "why"?

I would have expected them to keep the car to recoup the expense of fixing it in the first place.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    1998 daewoos have very poor resale value here, mainly because spare parts are very hard to get here..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Hello guys! Someone offered me a Mirage HB 2015 GLS for around 280k as I'm still looking for a decent car. He told me that the car has been flooded pero flooring lang naman daw ang nabasa. Is still okay to get it? I really don't know about cars, and nagbe-base lang ako sa mga nababasa ko dito sa tsikot. Can someone enlighten me? Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jnsk View Post
    Hello guys! Someone offered me a Mirage HB 2015 GLS for around 280k as I'm still looking for a decent car. He told me that the car has been flooded pero flooring lang naman daw ang nabasa. Is still okay to get it? I really don't know about cars, and nagbe-base lang ako sa mga nababasa ko dito sa tsikot. Can someone enlighten me? Thanks!
    It is good that he told you. Give the seller some props for honesty.

Short answer no. Not good to buy a flooded car.
    Long answer, it depends.

Did you asked the seller what has been replaced after it was soaked?

Some things to note.
    1. Oil filter of mirage is located a little bit lower
    2. Transmission fluid (at least for m/t) plugs are also down low.
    3. Clutch cable might need replacing (this is cheap and easy to diy though) if m/t
    4. Some wires are running through the side sill area
    5. Wheel bearing might be shot / or not since it was flooded
    6. If the flooring was flooded, there's a good chance that the flood is at least 3/4 height of the tire.
    7. You will have to find an interior detailer if ever you push through to uncover some nasties

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    It is good that he told you. Give the seller some props for honesty.

Short answer no. Not good to buy a flooded car.
    Long answer, it depends.

Did you asked the seller what has been replaced after it was soaked?

Some things to note.
    1. Oil filter of mirage is located a little bit lower
    2. Transmission fluid (at least for m/t) plugs are also down low.
    3. Clutch cable might need replacing (this is cheap and easy to diy though) if m/t
    4. Some wires are running through the side sill area
    5. Wheel bearing might be shot / or not since it was flooded
    6. If the flooring was flooded, there's a good chance that the flood is at least 3/4 height of the tire.
    7. You will have to find an interior detailer if ever you push through to uncover some nasties

Thanks for the reply sir! Sabi nya sakin is flooring lang naman daw ang na-flood, and usually pag ganun, eh linis lang daw ang kailangan. Sa 20+ units daw na nabenta nya, wala pa naman daw nagbalik ng unit so far kasi alam daw ng buyers nya na di naman daw magkakaproblema.

Aside from this, may nakita din akong same price na 2013 Mirage HB GLS with around 20k odo. So yun ung isa ko pang option so far.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Thanks for the reply sir! Sabi nya sakin is flooring lang naman daw ang na-flood, and usually pag ganun, eh linis lang daw ang kailangan. Sa 20+ units daw na nabenta nya, wala pa naman daw nagbalik ng unit so far kasi alam daw ng buyers nya na di naman daw magkakaproblema.

Aside from this, may nakita din akong same price na 2013 Mirage HB GLS with around 20k odo. So yun ung isa ko pang option so far.
    Bayan seller?
    I'll thread with caution.
    See notes above of what needs to be replaced / checkedbeven if it is "just" flooring flood.

For the other 20Tkm for a 6 yr old unit? That is rare and sometimes too good to be true. Maybe a weekend car? Maybe not.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Bayan seller?
    I'll thread with caution.
    See notes above of what needs to be replaced / checkedbeven if it is "just" flooring flood.

For the other 20Tkm for a 6 yr old unit? That is rare and sometimes too good to be true. Maybe a weekend car? Maybe not.

In your own opinion sir, is it good deal? Yes I guess they're both bayan seller. Yung seller ng 2015 is from Auto shop kaya medyo doubt ako na baka niretoke nalang talaga yung oto. About the 2013, lady driven daw yung oto, wala nang ibang details aside from that, pero mas trip ko yung 2013 worry ko lang is 6yr old na siya.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    280k for a flooded car? I bought a 2014 kia picanto for 330k not flooded.. 280k is too high for a flooded car .. tapos you dont know about cars.. too risky.. repairs might exceed the value of the car in the long run

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    In your own opinion sir, is it good deal? Yes I guess they're both bayan seller. Yung seller ng 2015 is from Auto shop kaya medyo doubt ako na baka niretoke nalang talaga yung oto. About the 2013, lady driven daw yung oto, wala nang ibang details aside from that, pero mas trip ko yung 2013 worry ko lang is 6yr old na siya.
    I always go with gut feel. If i feel something is not right, i'll just walk away even if i did the necessary homework.
    Buying used always have risk. Your best weapon is to minimize it as much as you can.

And the "lady driven" ad. Be wary.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Is it ok to buy flooded cars?