New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Norkis Legacy aka Daihatsu Mira hirap daw ng parts nyan sabi ng barkada kong SA ng Yamaha kaya nga ang warranty 6 months lang.

Kuha ka na lang Kia Pride GTX o kaya Mazda 323.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The problem is: it's rebuilt, not new. And the warranty is a pathetic six months, which sort of negates one of the reasons for buying a new car, which is assurance of no cash outlay for out-of-warranty repairs for three to five years.

I don't know if the engine is the same as the Charade's, but if it is, then parts shouldn't be too hard to find...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    a kia cd 5 would be a viable option, you can even replace the stock B1.1 liter engine with a B3 1.3 liter engine, and add power steering/kit and convert your car to a AT without much modifications.
    i just need a car that runs.. a small car that runs.. i won't be modifying it.. as long as walang sira its fine with me..

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    if you get the cd5/mira , you might like it at first, but as you get exposed to other cars, especially updated Power steering and AT cars, youll definitely notice how the cd5/mira tire you on both long drives and traffic.

its your choice, i have been in that predicament before, but its good to start basic at first, when you realize you need features like Powersteering and AT, you then realize and have the urge to sell your car to get one that has a powersteering. Im just saying that the Kia Cd5 offers you that.
    Last edited by Mojo; April 17th, 2007 at 07:25 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bilhin mo na, then post your ride now, and six months later

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    if you get the cd5/mira , you might like it at first, but as you get exposed to other cars, especially updated Power steering and AT cars, youll definitely notice how the cd5/mira tire you on both long drives and traffic.

its your choice, i have been in that predicament before, but its good to start basic at first, when you realize you need features like Powersteering and AT, you then realize and have the urge to sell your car to get one that has a powersteering. Im just saying that the Kia Cd5 offers you that.

i don't think i will be having problems with those power features..i'm very much physically fit.. go to the gym, run 10 kilometers each day..

in fact i would have thought about just riding my road racer bicycle if not for the danger on the roads.. and the need to date my gf..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    hi,

saan may showroom ang legacy? does anyone have their contact numbers?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    naku pang gf pala, cd5 nalang mas presentable ng 'konti' kesa sa legacy

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kung small car tapos 150k bdget. bili nalang ako ng charade na 70-80k. tapos yung sobrang pera pang ayos. paint, mags, a/c, tune up ng engine, underchasis. parang ganun lang din kc yung legacy kc nde nman tlaga un bnew

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A Secondhand Kia Pride will cost you under 100k... say 80k if you get a very recent one, or 30k for a real piece of **** ( )... replacement parts, such as shocks, springs, wheel bearings, etcetera... are real cheap (say, less than 3k for an entire steering rack? Whereas a big car's rack will cost 10k). You could conceivably replace absolutely everything mechanical (including the engine) within 50k... :hihihi:

But then, there's the problem with rust, body integrity, and the general rattiness of an old car that's been used like a taxi... really not date-impressing stuff unless you fix up the interior, too.

Don't have enough jack to stump up to the Norkis M1 (at least that's a step up, being a Nissan Micra... parts might be easier to come by) or a Suzuki Alto? (use the 150k as a downpayment, then get terms on the other 200k)

At least, except for the weird-colored seats, the Alto looks decent. The M1? Not sure... I believe the Micra might have been offered in LHD, so it shouldn't have the melting dash look of the Privacy.

The Privacy should be okay for at least a year or so... but afterwards, the parts problem might start to set in. It's your money, though, so it's your decision.

Kahit anong tsikot mo, lugi ka naman sa pera... it's just up to you whether you want to lose it up front or down the line... so you might as well pick what you're comfortable with.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ok..so is a used corolla xl 1997 a better buy than this norkis legacy privacy? or even a 3 year old kia cd5

price for a corolla xl 1997 is basically in the 150k-160 range too..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Norkis Legacy and Privacy