New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    With a price of 180k, are they any good? are they worth the buck?

assuming you have 150k and need a no frills car which will get you from point A to point B will you buy this car?

or just use the 150k to buy a 2nd hand car and spend for constant repairs?

i just need car that runs. Thats it.. a car that will help me hone my driving skills..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pangit ang itsura nito kaya i won't buy it...but if it had the looks like the old austin mini ba bilhin ko pa.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    pangit ang itsura nito kaya i won't buy it...but if it had the looks like the old austin mini ba bilhin ko pa.

as i said earlier..i'm not after the looks. i just need a very small car that runs fine..

and since this is brand new.. i guess they give 6 months warranty for this isn't it?

so say between a 150k corolla xl 1997 model or this one.. which one will you choose?

although corolla is fine with me.. i still like something of a smaller car since i will be the only one riding the car..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    aside from being completely rebuilt. the major selling point would be the low maintenance cost and the high fuel economy.

a small car has a small engine. hence requires less oil, 3 cylinders, requires less plugs. the light weight of the car requires smaller tires and less wear and tear. etc etc

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    aside from being completely rebuilt. the major selling point would be the low maintenance cost and the high fuel economy.

a small car has a small engine. hence requires less oil, 3 cylinders, requires less plugs. the light weight of the car requires smaller tires and less wear and tear. etc etc
    so what's your take on this?

i actually saw a dressed up norkis legacy in sm mall of asia , and it looked like a mini ford f150! hehehe.. it was so cool!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    if u dont have a family or just still a bachelor, mini cars like the privacy will be worth buying as long as your not looking for mid size sedan comfort.

As you said, just to get you from point A to point B, without frills. If you got used or driven sedans before you definitely miss the better comfort brought about by the long wheel base and heavier body and suspension.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The problem is: it's rebuilt, not new. And the warranty is a pathetic six months, which sort of negates one of the reasons for buying a new car, which is assurance of no cash outlay for out-of-warranty repairs for three to five years.

I don't know if the engine is the same as the Charade's, but if it is, then parts shouldn't be too hard to find...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The problem is: it's rebuilt, not new. And the warranty is a pathetic six months, which sort of negates one of the reasons for buying a new car, which is assurance of no cash outlay for out-of-warranty repairs for three to five years.

I don't know if the engine is the same as the Charade's, but if it is, then parts shouldn't be too hard to find...

but then if say I buy a 2002-2003 kia pride cd-5 at a price of around 150k will that be a better buy than this car? considering that i might end up paying more for maintainance and repair every month for more than 6 months..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    not the same with charades.

the local charades here uses the cb23 carb engine. which is a 3 cyclinder, 993 cc.

the daihatsu mira/privacy uses a 660 cc engine, 3 cyclinder, turbo/NA. although maybe some of the parts maybe interchangeable

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    a kia cd 5 would be a viable option, you can even replace the stock B1.1 liter engine with a B3 1.3 liter engine, and add power steering/kit and convert your car to a AT without much modifications.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Norkis Legacy and Privacy