New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1) What's your budget
    2) What's your "knowledge" about dealing with cars? May contacts ka na ba sa parts and service if something goes wrong?
    3) What's your budget for repairs?
    4) Ilan sasakay usually?
    5) Ano habol mo sa kotse?
    6) How long do you think you'll keep the car?
    7) San ba byahe mo usually?

Those questions should help people (and yourself) to shortlist whatever car you plan to get.

While I have nothing against the Rio, I don't advice getting a used one if it's your first car.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Kung brand-new, I suggest the Toyota Vios. Ok sya since it's available in 1.3L engine para tipid sa gas. I was also informed by my friend that the Vios has the cheapest spare parts available for the brand new car category.

Kung second-hand naman, hmmm.....maraming posibilities. Kailangan mo talagang mag set ng budget. If I have Php500k in my disposal at the moment, I'd get my friend's 1989 BMW 520i for Php350k and I'll spend the rest sa paayos (kung meron) and tago ko na lang yung sukli! hehehe! Mura yung car and elegante pa! 2.0L nga lang yung engine kaya mejo malakas sa gas. Well, ok lang sa akin yun kse Makati lang ako nakatira and dito lang malapit work ko, CSB school ko and taga-Makati din gf ko! That what I would do given the budget and the circumstances I have currently. I don't mind driving an old car for as long as confortable ang ride, which is the most important factor for me.

Hence, getting a second hand car depends on the following factors: your budget, the number of people you are moving around (given), and other personal factors you may have. As soon as you are able to determine those factors, you may start choosing the vehicle that would fit the parameters you've set.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Newbie asking for help