New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Litespeed
    M54 looking forward for your suggestions on mods;)
    aaaahh...where to start? ;)

my car is actually still stock but maybe one of these days i'll start modding it...but i've done some research:

it all depends on your goals - set up for show, power/acceleration, or handling/track?

aesthetics - body kits and rims by the usual suspects: hamann, ac schnitzer, racing dynamics, hartge. HRE rims are getting popular too among spoiled rich kids ;) ...$5-6000, wala pang tires :whoa:

handling - i strongly suggest a set of coilovers by bilstein, H&R or KW, coupled with UUC or RD sway bars. if you think your bimmer handles now, wait till you drive one with this setup. i did and it was night and day from my stock car

power - NA or FI? NA gets to be expensive without much gain: Dinan's software has no measurable gains besides increased rev limit and no speed governor...conforti to my knowledge has nothing out. Intake/exhaust is good for 5-10 hp max. There is a company called renn-sport that will completely soup up your engine (cams, TB, I/H/E, software) to about 300+ hp for $6-7000. Alternatively, for about the same you could slap on an AA, ESS or ASA supercharger. Of the three, ASA intrigues me the most because they claim most of their power comes down low (* about 1500 rpm) due to their centrifugal setup...it also has a FMIC, which helps both power and pogi points :D

hope this helps...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    very nice pare. =) only downside is dat d black sapphire color is very prone to scratches n swirl marks! in fact, i tink it breeds them! hehe. no less than a week from the arrival of our unit, fine scratches were already evident. from washing to drying, extra care is really required =)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys, thanks for the info and suggestions.
    momoyster, that's sapphire black. I agree with you on how hard it is to maintain this color.
    M54 Powered, wheew! I should go easy muna. That's some mods you got there. I almost get the ESS for the X5, around 6G. But i guess 4.4 had enough power. Lie low muna ako kay kumander
    :worried:
    as per woodfire, enjoy muna sa all stock.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep, that's what i'm doing - enjoy the car stock, explore the performance as is first...then mod if you feel you need more in any aspect.

yun nga lang, 3 years na akong "enjoying the car stock"...wala kasing pera eh :lol:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice stablemate for your X5..congrats litespeed!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WOW! AWD! BMW! Congrats litespeed!!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wreckless and Karding

Thanks bros. We went AWD for winter driving here in the right coast. It can get brutal sometimes.:mad: You know that karding, you lived in NJ before, right??

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That car is Like Whoa :D I've been looking at that car for a long time. Awesome car ;)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Litespeed
    wreckless and Karding

Thanks bros. We went AWD for winter driving here in the right coast. It can get brutal sometimes.:mad: You know that karding, you lived in NJ before, right??
    ahh, I remember those days driving from Somerville to JC (what freeway is that again?!) at 25mph :swear: Im ready to go back and this time, I am more prepared :car: haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
New Stablemate