New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nerner View Post
    Magandang Gabi mga papa at mama. Noob lang po ako sa forum, and planning to buy a new car. Gus2 ko po sana ask kung anong magandang upcoming model sedan/suv ang dapat kung abangan. My father is telling me to buy the new honda civic, pero nabasa ko kasi sa post parang dami pang problem ng car na yun. Consider niyo na din po sana yung fuel consumption, safety measures and porma ng ride...

Wala po kasi ako masyado alam sa car...

I hope you'll help me... pls...
    thx in advance and God bless.
    hmm, about nmn sa budget 1M below or not more than 1.1-2. hulugan ko din nmn kasi kukunin, average citizen lang po ako... hehe! thx po!
    1. is the money came from your father?
    2. its good to listen to advise of your parents since they only wants whats best for you...
    3. with that amount of money hindi na masasabi average lang, its well to do na iyan...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    for a new car buyer like you ... its best to get a brand new unit na para wala kang problema ... and for your budget you really have TONS of options in the brand new market ... as they said , the new civic, mazda3, toyota altis, etc then pag suv naman the 4x2 xtrail, tucson, sportage, 4x2 crv, 4x2 tribute, 4x2 escape, etc

sa totoo you should not rely un us here in the forum kung anong dapat mong bilhin .. you yourself should know and want what you want in a car then put it in a list tpos simulan mo na hanapin sa mga availble cars for your budget ... plus our suggestions here are mostly biased suggestions simypre kanya kanyang taste yan e ...

like looks, space, etc etc list them all down making your first brand new buy is i think one of the hardest decsion that you'll ever do .. so sulitin mo na wag kang magmadali .....

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wala ba sa list mo ang Innova?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Mazda3 2.0R less than 1M or Focus 2.0 Sport if matic.

default: Civic 1.8S or 2.0S if manual.

how about a used Lynx RS/RSCE?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slamtaz View Post
    as i and other tsikoteers have mentioned in other threads, there is no perfect car out there (i.e. each has its pros & cons and their own share of imperfection).. you really need to make do with what the market has to offer and making your research will help you decide which among those currently in the market is most appealing and acceptable to you. for starters, a simple guide is to list down & assess what's NEW to you. As in you're very own Needs, Expectations, Wants in a car. chart each and every car that you consider accordingly and i guess that everything else will flow from thereon.

also, as others have said it too, there's an added risk for new models since they tend to become like "guinea pigs" of sorts.. needless to say, these new models were subjected to extensive tests and carry a certain degree of prestige to those who buy them first. but hey, we still have issues with them as they are harmonized into the real world though i think they have already been minimized, either in degree or quantity..

i'm a believer that tsikot.com and other similar forums are beneficial for those who need a crash course &/or continued knowledge upgrade about cars..

so, by all means, gather as much info as you can before you make a choice and don't forget... do a lot of test drives yourself!!!

:twocents:
    Yes sir, im actually researching the net for some new car models and their specs... I can't go and try to test drive their cars coz i have my own business to deal with and i dont really have time to go out alot.

and yes sir, im aware of the pros and cons thing, thats why i read alot of the tsikoteers response about the +/- things about their cars and im considering it all before i buy a car.

Im closely to buying the new civic but still waiting for others comment about it.. kung medyo ok na ngayon yung mga nilalabas na model, eh d yun na lang po buy ko.

Sir, u have any car model suggestions... pls... thx! ! !

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    1. is the money came from your father?
    2. its good to listen to advise of your parents since they only wants whats best for you...
    3. with that amount of money hindi na masasabi average lang, its well to do na iyan...
    Answer:
    1. 50/50 kami ng father ko...
    2. Madalas kasi corny ng tatay ko eh! hehe!

3. hmm...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo View Post
    for a new car buyer like you ... its best to get a brand new unit na para wala kang problema ... and for your budget you really have TONS of options in the brand new market ... as they said , the new civic, mazda3, toyota altis, etc then pag suv naman the 4x2 xtrail, tucson, sportage, 4x2 crv, 4x2 tribute, 4x2 escape, etc

sa totoo you should not rely un us here in the forum kung anong dapat mong bilhin .. you yourself should know and want what you want in a car then put it in a list tpos simulan mo na hanapin sa mga availble cars for your budget ... plus our suggestions here are mostly biased suggestions simypre kanya kanyang taste yan e ...

like looks, space, etc etc list them all down making your first brand new buy is i think one of the hardest decsion that you'll ever do .. so sulitin mo na wag kang magmadali .....
    Oo nga po eh, sobeang hirap magdecide... I want to buy my 1st, as it is my last car... yung tipong hanggang 10 years ko siya mapapakinabangan. Gus2 ko din po kasi hintayin kung may upcoming new cars this coming months... like the si coupe ng honda, kung meron lang po ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Wala ba sa list mo ang Innova?
    Innova po... masyado po siyang malaki para sakin...

Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Mazda3 2.0R less than 1M or Focus 2.0 Sport if matic.

default: Civic 1.8S or 2.0S if manual.

how about a used Lynx RS/RSCE?
    ok po sana mazda kaso a/t lang po siya eh...
    still considering the civic.
    not a ford pls... lakas daw po kasi sa gas nyan eh...
    thx po sa mga help...
    sana po madami pa magpost ng suggestions...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If all you're worried about is consumption, there's no difference between Ford 2.0s and other 2.0 cars. It's the 1.8 that's kinda thirsty, because the body is too heavy for the transmission. The Focus 2.0 is a really swell car.

Too bad, the only manual Fords are the 1.6 Trend and the Ford Lynx RS. The 1.6 Trend is slow, but it has great handling and rear-seat airconditioning. It's relatively fuel efficient, too (14+ on the highway). The RS is an old model. but Ford still has NOS (new old stock) available at discounted prices.... and that's with Ford's ridiculously long warranty.

From experience, the RS is definitely fuel efficient for a 2.0 (8-9 km/l city, 10-14 km/l highway)... and it has great handling, especially compared to the Focus and Civic (the Mazda3 is the closest to the RS in handling)... but test drive it first, though, to see if it'll fit you... some people have issues with the clutch and gearshift.

Any of the Mazdas will be a good choice. And they're not gas guzzlers either. My cousin gets 10 km/l + on his 1.6 AT Mazda. That's not as good as a 1.6 AT Toyota, but it's acceptable.

The Civic 1.8 MT is a very good choice, despite the problems. Just be sure to inspect the car thoroughly before buying it, to avoid trim and fitment issues.
    Last edited by niky; September 4th, 2006 at 02:11 PM.

eto medyo aged na pero i still know there are 2 left sa ford quezon ave: 2 red ford lynx RS! less than a million. brand-new yan,ha..i think last 2 left brand-new. bigay ko contact ko dun, baka bigyan ka ng magandang deal sa lynx rs na natitira nila.

focus kasi wala pang 2 years...kaya di mo pa alam kung may tinatago yan...and ford siyempre, may malaking plant dito...kung ayaw sa ford, mazda. 1 plant lang sila...3 is good choice, better kung 6. sporty ang appearance ng mazdas, focus naman more on "elitisa" look....

no against ako sa honda,toyota, mitsu, nissan..pero ok na deal makuha mo 1 dun sa last 2 lynx rs...kung di lang red at may 8-900-somethin' thou ako, di na ako magiisip....

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Yes sir, im actually researching the net for some new car models and their specs... I can't go and try to test drive their cars coz i have my own business to deal with and i dont really have time to go out alot.

and yes sir, im aware of the pros and cons thing, thats why i read alot of the tsikoteers response about the +/- things about their cars and im considering it all before i buy a car.

Im closely to buying the new civic but still waiting for others comment about it.. kung medyo ok na ngayon yung mga nilalabas na model, eh d yun na lang po buy ko.

Sir, u have any car model suggestions... pls... thx! ! !
    hmmm let me see...

actually, kung sedan, im leaning towards the civic also despite the prevailing issues; kung suv naman, i think swak sa budget mo ung tucson gas variant though i personally prefer getting a crdi which is a bit more expensive.

about the test drive, i guess its a no-brainer that you should do it whenever available. you surely would like to have a personal feel of how a car drives like, even before you buy it and minimize if not eliminate the possibility of regretting not doing a test drive if you find out later that the car you bought doesn't fit your personal driving preferences.

imo, there are as many car types out there just as there are different types of driving preferences (e.g. mild, moderate or aggressive) and each of the car types will have their own trade-offs in their respective categories..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Need some advice...