New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    my wife and i are finally buying a car!. at first we were decided on the getz because of the price, but are having second thoughts after checking the mazda 3 and civic (paano kasi pag lumaki na ang kids, baka sumikip na masyado pag getz kinuha namin). problem is, medyo tight budget namin but i dont want to regret not buying the "bigger" cars after a few years. engine performance isnt much of a factor kasi we are both novice drivers, but i want a car that will last. help!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how many kids do you have and how old are they currently?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If you need bigger space, look at the Toyota Avanza 1.3J and the Suzuki APV. Note that these will use more gas than the Getz. They are both less expensive than the Civic or mazda 3.

Price for the Avanza is around 592,000. It can seat 6 to 7 people, almost no cargo space left. Or 4 to 5 persons with a huge trunk. Fuel consumption will be around 8 to 10 kms/liter city driving depending on the driver and traffic.
    http://www.toyota.com.ph/cars/new_ca.../pricelist.asp

The APV should be within the ball park. Its an 8 seater van. Not sure if they still offer 2 years free maintenance. My cousin has one and he gets 7 kms/liter city

For more info please do a search. Both cars have been disscused a lot and have their own threads.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    If you need bigger space, look at the Toyota Avanza 1.3J and the Suzuki APV. Note that these will use more gas than the Getz. They are both less expensive than the Civic or mazda 3.
    To save on the cost of fuel, you can convert the Toyota Avanza to use LPG as fuel. You can inquire at your Toyota dealer if they would still honor the warranty if you install a LPG kit and from which dealer would be preferred to retain the car's warranty.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    GH, good suggestion yung LPG. If you do go this route, you will have to sacrifice the 3rd row to give space for the tank.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it's just two kids, you could look at the Jazz. But if you have a family of five (and are expecting more), them maybe it's the Avanza for you.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    wag mo muna problemahin yun paglaki ng kids, get the getz and make it your back-up car paglaki nila. the goal should be one for you and one for the wife. mas importante present -> cashflow.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    W/c version of the Getz are you getting and how much is it?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    we have three kids ages 1,3 and 6 (plus one yaya). we have a short garage so the apv is out of the equation because it wont fit. whichever car we may choose, we decided to get an automatic. tamad kami mag drive eh.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    kung wala sana c yaya ok na ok ang getz kahit na lumaki cla they will be still comfortable seating at the back.. excited na rin me dumating ung getz ko hehe hopefully this week

you can wait for the new toyota VIOS.. I think it will be out in the mid of august, base on the information that I have the price is 525k mejo malayo sa price ng getz but you will never go wrong with toyota.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Need help with our first car