New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hi. I just purchased a 2008 Honda City 1.3 IDSI CVT worth 660K. This is my first car and I was wondering if I made the right decision by getting the City. Or do you guys think that I should've bought another model?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ikaw lang naman makakapagsabi kung worth it eh. kahit na ba alto lang yang nabili mo for city driving, pero masaya ka naman, e di worth it siya.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Unless you can get a full refund, it's pointless to think about it. You should have asked us BEFORE you bought it.

Anyway, for 660 it's too expensive, i would've gotten a Civic FD instead.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    You are basically stuck with this car (unless you sell it). But is is a good car. Reliable and has a relatively high FC for a 1.3 liter car.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Erm...Who cares what WE think?

It's YOUR car, YOUR money, YOUR happiness at stake here. What we think should not amount to anything. All we can tell you is how similar our experience has been with your City, if we own the same car.

Well since you asked...I own one of your car's mechanical twins, a Jazz 1.3S M/T, so I can tell you what to expect. Good pep from low RPM, gets rather asthmatic past 120 km/h, but pretty miserly on fuel for a gasoline engine. (I've posted my fuel consumption here more times than I can care to count.)

My only concern is whether you can stomach the PMS costs...alam mo naman siguro ang casa ng Honda, mahal ang tuneups.

That said, much congratulations on your new ride and enjoy driving it

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks for the comments. Although I'm glad I got this instead of the Vios. The automatic vios cost 100k more :o

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well against the Vios you certainly have a better value for money car at your fingertips....

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Give us the reasons you got this, and we'll tell you what we think. But as Type 100 mentioned, that really doesn't matter because it's your car and your satisfaction is what's important here.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Ganyan rin ang iniisip ko when I bought the Jazz 2 years ago, inisip ko kung nagkamali ako when picking it against the Vios.

But I guarantee that you will enjoy owning the City as it is a great car. I think makakaisip ka lang palitan sya if you are planning to get a bigger car like a Corolla or Civic.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Bro, you're a new driver na may new, reliable, affordable, at fuel efficient car. You should be thankful. My first car was a company car hand-me down after 5 years and over 120,000 kms na walang AC and it's running board was run through with rust. Loved that car though. It didn't 'tirik' me of its own fault.

No point second guessing yourself now. You made an educated guess (somewhat, I suppose) but the deed's done and I don't think it was too bad anyway. I suggest you test drive for next time, though.

Now make sure it stays pristine by checking the items that are supposed to be serviced on its Service Inspection Interval -- that they were properly done. I heard HC Caloocan and HCQC are good.

Also, try not to injure the car nor injure other people/cars.
    Last edited by pup2; February 29th, 2008 at 12:21 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
My first car for city driving. Was my money worth it?