New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Musclecars are my passion. Anyone else into them? This is the latest restoration. Took me 5 months to finish. Now just working on the finishing touches. Like the stripes...

Sorry lost before pics since someone stole my digicam before I could archive...

Was really pretty grotty but thatnks to Mang Ber and team now up and running. Anyone who enjoys these "monstrosities" is welcome to have a look at our "metal sculptures". And hear 'em roar.

next up for restoration is the 65 mustang convertible...will upload when i can reduce file size. Should be interesting to see how huhubaran namin

Will do a bit of a walkthrough as well...

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Wow, a 1970 Fastback! Is that a Mach I? Between the two, this is my favorite esp if its in either grabber orange, blue or green.

Amazing you were able to find a '65 Mustang, let alone a convertible.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    Wow, a 1970 Fastback! Is that a Mach I? Between the two, this is my favorite esp if its in either grabber orange, blue or green.

Amazing you were able to find a '65 Mustang, let alone a convertible.
    Yup its a Mach 1...will attach the photos of the 65 Convertible (which was found with extreme perseverence...and a partial trade with my 69 GTO) as she does a strip tease...why we need to see what rot lies underneath if any and address asap. Rust is car cancer as we all know. And these old cars, while they had heavier sheetmetal were not rustproofed and have areas prone to rust.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Since this is the Philippines may mga magaling gumawa ng fakes. Kaya you have to look for the hidden clues to authenticate the unit. Like this hidden VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) code we found in one when removing a fender apron. I have seen others ingenious enough to re-etch exposed VIN codes...not hidden ones though. Reminds me of that guy who bought a Shelby and requested the seller to remove the dash. That was here. The seller said add 100k to the price if it is real. The buyer gladly said yes...when it was authenticated he paid up and got a real nice car...

Also, we exposed in the convertible well what appears to be the original speckles..That is something we will replicate for the trunk.

Engine is a V8 we intend to blow with a mild cam, headers and stroking...maybe to 331? Will need discs for that...Sleeper here we come

What do you guys think for the convertible? Color-wise?

Black with red interior, Red with white interior...cast your vote

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Calling on Hotrox to show his ride!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    best part is hunting for parts and the finds...much abounds out there...kahit yung white sidewalls were part of Evangelista at Bangkal trek through floods...anything for cars

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nice!!!

Let's meet up sometime. I'm at the Tower Plaza Ayala Triangle.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Here's mine..5 months in the making so far and almost done on the outside..

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by woodfire
    Nice!!!

Let's meet up sometime. I'm at the Tower Plaza Ayala Triangle.
    Sure. We are practically neighbors. Am behind The Enterprise. Inspite of the rain I lets brave it and meet up in the area and we can talk cars.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrox
    Here's mine..5 months in the making so far and almost done on the outside..
    YOu have one hidden as well Hotrox. A 69 Mach 1...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Musclecar restoration anyone?