New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had an afternoon EB with Turbo a.k.a. Mr. Deo in Bulacan this afternoon to check out some pony cars for sale in the area for a new prospective project.

I was really awed with Deo's collection of Muscle Cars especially his on-going "ELEANOR" project. Turbo is your quintissential muscle car enthusiast bar none. I was especially impressed that he has the ability to even fabricate some unavailable parts (suspension parts etc...) thanks to his conveniently located machine shop.

Turbo accompanied me to a distant place (about 15-20 kms from his place) where Mang Radie lives. You would think that this was the last place you can find some restorable Mustang cars. Lo and behold, I easily counted 6 to 7 pony cars in Mang Radie's garage complete with engines and parts.

Guys, if you are in the lookout for possible car projects, check out Bulacan since you may be surprised about the preponderance of a number of desirable old "junk" cars available for restoration.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Thanks Woodfire for the complement, but I am just a regular guy we loves Muscle cars.

Its just that my father owns a machine shop and I was an apprentice even before most oy you here was even born. I learned to make designs at an early age and have no fear to apply it on my cars. Cguro malakas lang ang loob ko.

Regarding mang radie, i just want to help the guy, and ofcoarse I want the Mustang to have a comfortable and caring home. So guys, jump on the Muscle car band wagon and start to own one.

There is no replacement for displacement.

Thanks Dindo for the fine afternoon, sorry that I can't entertain you so much, ginagawa pa
    bahay ko.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I've been to Turbo's shop months ago, what can I say... the man is a genius. We need more "real" car afficionados like him. Plus, he's willing to help anyway he can. Great man.

And I still haven't fixed my darn master cylinder...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    hello turbo! how's the camaro doing in your shop na? i bet your doing wonders with it. give my regards to jack =)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The camaro is now running and purring like a ferocious cat. Got the flex plate the very next day from Dexter(remember Bunny?). Had it running the same afternoon when the flex plate arrived. Just a little cleaning on the rear brakes was needed and it is road worthy again. Had a spin aroun the block. Huge tires, reminded me of my 68 vette with N50 Mickey thompsons. You have taken care of the camaro very well.

Bunny, binobola nyo na ako ni Dindo. Regular guy lang ako, actually hangga ngayon nag-aaral pa din ako ng tungkol sa muscle car.

Natandaan ko tuloy yung 71 Corvette ko, binili ko ng surplus na 6-71 blower sa Evangelista Quiapo. tapos binili ko ng dalawang 4 barrel na Holley, nong nag-fabricate na ako ng intake manifold para don sa 350 engine ng Corvette, nakita ng tatay ko. Galit na galit sa akin, tinago yong 2 Holley, tapos pinamigay yong 6-71 blower. 26 years old lang ako non. Hehe.

Bunny meron pa akong master dito. Ano ba ang probleme pa ng brakes mo.

Hehe, di ako genius, bobo nga ako lalo na sa mga bagong fauel injection.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow.. an ELEANOR project car. A couple of weeks ago Discovery channel's RIDES program dedicated a whole episode about the Mustang Eleanor. The car in the movie is designed by Chip Foose. BUt they also showed a company which exclusively sells ELEANOR replicas. They use plain old Mustangs and convert them.

any pics??? :D

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    May pics na, kaso sira ang scanner ko. Tapos d pa ako sanay magpost ng pics.

Actually meron nang isang tapos na. The owner has already taken delivery. Meron pang dalawa akong tinatapos.

The two is taking alittle longer to build because they will both have the 460 Powerplant, the biggest that Ford can offer. The engine usually resides inside Lincolns, LTDs, full size vans ang F350. Both cars will have rear disc brakes with cross-drilled and slotted discs. Fron end will have 4 piston calipers anf huhe 13" cross-drilled and slotted disc.

front suspension will be tubular A-arm and rack and pinion steering. Rack and pinion is a critical change to tame the dreaded Mustang steering. rear end will be full-floating ang coil-over shocks.

Engine modification will differ, and that will follow.

I hope to complte one before April.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Deo,

Nag-lolock and front left brakes. Ayaw bumalik agad pag tumapak ka. Umusok nga one time, akala ko nag overheat ang makina. Ginarahe ko muna for the meantime. Same thing with the dual MC you gave me, I'm still dumb where to start.

I just don't have the time to fix it myself coz of my erratic schedule at work.

I texted you about the 75 Camaro, do you still have the same number? Wala ka pang reply.

Bunny

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Naiwan ko sa Mercedes yung cell ko ngayon. Same number pa din.

Madali lang yon problem mo. Kung nalinis mo na yung wheel cylinders. Tanggalin mo yung rubber hose. Clogged na yong. Luma na ciguro. Pag parang clogged na, palitan mo ng bago.

And the last to look at is the rod that pushes the master cylinder. Dapat may clearance na atleast 1/8" before engaging. Pag tukod or naka-engage agad ang pash rod, the pressure on the cylinder will buid up, until the shoe won't back up anymore.

Two point to look at:
    1. Rubber hose that feeds the brake that get stuck.
    2. Push rod clearance. Must not be pre-loaded(tukod).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Originally posted by vince168
    wow.. an ELEANOR project car. A couple of weeks ago Discovery channel's RIDES program dedicated a whole episode about the Mustang Eleanor. The car in the movie is designed by Chip Foose. BUt they also showed a company which exclusively sells ELEANOR replicas. They use plain old Mustangs and convert them.

nakita ko din yun... astig nga e... great way to bring those old ponies back to life, ang ganda pa ng pagka-restore nila.

sir turbo, san po sa Bulacan shop niyo? baka pwede ko silipin Eleanore project niyo minsan kung madaan ako diyan... interesting.
    Last edited by Quiller; November 16th, 2004 at 04:08 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Muscle Cars Galore in Bulacan!