New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Even in the new Focus, the AT is unimpressive. It's so sluggish!

And of course, there's the sudden and disastrous AT failures on older cars... but then, I'm of two minds as to whether that's the manufacturer's fault or the owner's fault... but it seems to happen a lot on old Ford SUVs.
    I don't see that same situation when it comes to Japanese A/T or even our Sonata's A/T. I mean, you lose a little bit which is a given, but not to the degree with Ford automatics. Seemingly losing a lot of power with an A/T is peculiar to Ford...... I remember Car & Driver harping about it in the 90's. Whenever they did a V8 ponycar comparo, it's always a M/T Ford vs an A/T GM because they knew an A/T Ford is going to get creamed. They also tested GM V8's with A/T because it's actually better than M/T at managing all that excessive torque. Just floor that pedal. No brake launch or anything.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 28th, 2006 at 12:30 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    saka sa US mas malaki pa ata yung tax benefit nila if they donate the old cars to the Salvation Army.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    btw guys, btw ba o should i say back to the topic hihihi! joke lang

ano na bang nangyari dun sa kaso ng dalawang journalist na medyo di maganda ang sinulat tungkol sa nexus...yung isa si panganiban..yung muntik na silang mabugbog.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Motoring Journalists & Car Companies?