New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kia carnival 1st gen... people scoffed at the kia badge but t'was one of the best cars i ever owned

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBalunsat View Post
    OT: I dunno but the familias have a tendency to drink gas like beer. My cousin owns one and even if he takes good care of it, it still consumes a lot.

Actually based on my own experience, I could get it to reach the 8-9 km/ltr range, on fairly conservative driving w/ ocassional traffic. My daily route is Antipolo-Mandaluyong. Around how much does your cousin get on his?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    This may come out as a shameless plug. But, it's available in the Philippines. And besides, love your own.

My 06 3.3L 235hp V6 Sonata. Yeah sure, it's look like a Lolo car. But, gotta root for the underdog....

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ^ i'd buy one right now if i had the cash

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    The Sentra!!! I remember back in college my friend drives an LEC model, yan rin yung may overdrive function sa A/T. Man, that thing flies! Or was it just me kasi I was just comparing it with my 1979 Mazda 3

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    China's CHERRY AUTOS....

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Tumbok ninyo Niky and badsekktor kia pride. Head room and power to weight ratio.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Underrated for me locally would be all korean cars except starex and and first ford lynx and familia...
    A relative is involve in car buy n' sell and I found out that before, the sentra would be underrated thanks to pinoy masses (lower c and class e market) that contributed to a lot of heresay when the b12 arrived locally. But when the "eccs" B13 (the best local sentra for me) arrived that slowly but surely changed a lot of bad reps it had and ofcourse thanks to a lot of intelligent pinoy buyers nman the sentra b13 to b14 is known to have good quality.
    I'm not sure the same could be said for the current sentra N16 model though.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    sigurado kong underrated din ang outlander kay BESPREN ng bayan!!!
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Lynx LSi/Ghia- in terms of sales ok naman ang GSi and RS/RS-CE based on my observation
    Focus Trend/Ghia Sedans- their hatch counterparts are kinda OK except the TDCi.
    Sentra Series II/III- IV and N16 deserves the bashing for its aged platform but performs quite well din naman, in fairness.
    Optra- Its Daewoo origins has become a burden to it. Its bad fuel consumption sealed in the rather bad perception about its brand origin. Its a fine A to B car though.
    Altima and Bluebird- not as raved about here as it was abroad (the 1st gen Altima).
    Vitara- when the 1st gen Rav4 came out in 1996. It was dubbed as the 1st compact SUV even though the Zuk has been playing around mud courses about a couple of years earlier (late 93).
    Mazda 323/Familia/Lantis/626- poor dealership sealed in a really bad fate with this good models.
    Mazda6- past dealer stigma and more appealing competition is its main rivals.
    others
    -Space Wagon/2006 Grandis
    -Honda HRV- but it somehow deserves it due to inferior value compared with the 1st gen CRV
    -97 Hyundai Elantras
    -97 Subaru Legacys

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
The most underrated vehicle in the Philippines is . . .