New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    With permission from the other thread's (overrated cars) starter, I would like to kick off our discussion on the topic of the Philippines most underrated vehicles.

For me Nissan Sentras have been given a bad reputation as to the availability of parts, maintenance issues, etc. Pero it has been one of the more reliable cars for me. Our family has a Nissan Sentra SGX circa 88 which is still in good running condition. And my younger sister has a Nissan Sentra LEC PS which is still very reliable till now. Both of this cars have a value so low kulang na lang hingin ng buyer.

Also, suzuki vehicles (medyo biased ako . . hehehe). They tend to malign suzuki samurais which for me is a very reliable offroad vehicle, although its on the bumpy side. And my vitara which they say is an underpowered, malakas sa gas (which I believe is not true, I get a mileage of 14-16 kms/liter daily - 85 kms a day), and truck like in demeanor. Mababa rin ang mga resale value ng mga suzuki.

Okay, lets get the ball rolling . . . . .

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    agree with the zuks being underrated... but as for spare parts availability, there are only very few shops that carry parts for zuks... ang alam ko lang is links ( tama ba spelling?) in banawe.

as for gas consumption ng vitara, pag city driving at matic medyo malakas talga, 5-6 lang nakukuha ko.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i mentioned the manufacturer dun sa overrated... so imho, sa underrated naman, i would go for the nissan, suzuki and hyundai.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ditto..nissan sentras for me

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    In terms of resale value, Mazda and Ford are underrated.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Sentra, specifically the B14.

I spent more maintaining my 5th Gen Accord (I've had it for only 2 years) than the whole 10 years I had my Sentra.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree, Nissan Sentras are given a bum rap just because of their initial models.

I actually owned one a was able to compare it versus a Lancer, Corolla and a Civic. Of all 4 cars, the Sentra gave the least number of headaches. Ang tibay talaga.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Sentra II / III

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1st Generation Echo

Daihatsu Hi Jet

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    how about mazda familias? like sentras they also suffer from the spare parts and maintenance stigma, but really, parts are not that hard to come by, if you just know where to look. And performance-wise, i'd say it's a:2thumbsup:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
The most underrated vehicle in the Philippines is . . .