New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hello! i wish to own a MB 123 someday... anyone care to share comments on this car? what are things to watch out for?? for practicality, which would be better - 200G, 200D or 240D??

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    halu.. practicality?.. stay away from the 200G models.. malakas sa gaso.. underpowered kasi..

as for the 200D or 240D.. very economical cars.. theveed (a poster here) has a 200D and he says he gets about 10KM/L ata....

though these models (200D and 240D) are not built for high speed runs.. they are great city drivers... a little change in driving habit is needed.. if you crave for speed, then these models are not for you.

as for the 123s, well.. they are the last of the chrome MBs.. classified as a classic just recently by MB Germany.

Things to look out for? Rust on the wheel well/arches, rusts near the firewall around the battery tray, rust sa may trunk area.. if you can get a 123 without a problem in these places, you are ok...

for the interior, might as well get a unit that has a good to great interior (complete workign lights etc).. the small things (that we dismiss as, "madali lang kunin yan") are the ones that might haunt you later on...

A/T vs M/T for the models you mentioned 200D and 240D.. get a manual tranny... these cars only put out around 55HP so having these slugs on an auto tranny would definitely tax you on speed and acceleration...

for me.. i'd stay away from an A/T tranny (quite expensive to fix) and if it hasnt been serviced or broken yet.. IT WILL....

just my two cents po.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    thanks for the comments HBOY! i really hope to get one someday!

another question.. how come the 200D engines seem to be a lot nosier than the 240D and the 300D...

also what are wheel wells??? sorry for the dumb question.... ;)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    hello v22.. i own a 1977 280c coupe,thats a 123 model.. what can i say about the 123 models? well maganda talaga and mga 123 models, lalo na ang 280c ko ganda pa rin ang takbo.. never pa ko nasisiraan sa daan ng car na un..

i used to drive a m/t 240d..tama si HBOY medyo mabagal nga talaga pero very economical nga..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama ka hboy, matakaw sa gas ang 200G
    naka park na nga lang yung 200G ni erpats eh.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    meron nakapagsabi sakin na dalawang klase ang 200G... yung isa daw e parang twincam ang cylinderhead.... how true is this?? better performance din daw.....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas maingay talaga 200D, 4 cyl lang kasi... it's really a slow but reliable car, I love mine sa city, dread it sa highway or really long uphill climbs (like sa may Ultra) hehe... di naman sa di kaya, but syempre, 50+bhp on a 4K lbs car isn't a lot of ummphh..

Straightaway or city driving, 100kph is not a problem, stable sya and for a 20+ year old sedan, it's really comfy and stable.

10K/li average ko, but kung bago ang mga filters and di traffic (like let's say during holiday weekends), i can get 14k/li easy.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by v22
    meron nakapagsabi sakin na dalawang klase ang 200G... yung isa daw e parang twincam ang cylinderhead.... how true is this?? better performance din daw.....
    you might be referring to the pre 80s w123 with teh M115 carb engine... afterwhich a different engine (M102) was used.. but still a carb....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bakit wala sa choices mo ang 300D? Yun ang top of the line diesel ng W123 series. 5 cylinder siya with 88 bhp (normally aspirated) or 115 bhp (turbo diesel). hehehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    otep... practicality eh... kung economy.. medyo sablay yung 300D sa konsumo... but yes.. very quite reliable and dependable engine ang OM617 (3.0L diesel) ng MB

as for the difference in 200G engines.. yes... the m102 is quite a better engine than the M115 2.0L carb.. then you also get the M102 Fuel injectedin the 230E

kimpoy.. wala kayong balak gamitin??.. ano plano nyo sa mB nyo???

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
MB 123 enthusiast...