New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga weatherstrip, madami nag bebenta sa ebay mas mura, pero mga 5-6K padin whole set hehe...

regarding AC/ yes, the evap dictates how cold your AC will be.... Are you referring to conversion to Formula evaporators?

I was considering that dati before selling the car kasi hassle baklas dash just to clean the evap...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by v22
    hello, after neglecting my hearts desire.. here i am again and about to look at an 83 model w123 200d...

care to give me any inputs on things to check/look out for?? Owner said it had been overhauled 4 years ago, needs a minor body repair on the front apron and has a dent on the bumper.... asking is 75k

tia!
    Those were nice! :inlove:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bro, I'd strongly suggest getting a 240 or 300D, bagal talaga 200D hehe.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    re the evaporator.. not sure about the brand, but it looks like those hanging type evaporators but without the grill, instead 4 big holes to place the ducting hoses to connect to the dashboard grille, so you retain the stock look but now have a better evaporator/blower unit

yes, gusto ko nga sana ng 240d para more power.. regarding the 300d, oo naman, pero baka laklak na din sa krudo hehe.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Trim parts are really expensive. Kailangan resourceful ka. Nung college ako, I got into a fender bender. The door strip on the right rear door got really bent [the door istelf was badly bent]. Instead of getting a new one, naghanap yung pintor sa Banawe ng marunong mag-init at mag-reform ng stainless (na may halong plastic). Nakahanap siya dun sa mga gumagawa ng wheelchairs at crutches sa paligid ng Orthopedic. Ok naman yung lumabas. Good enough that we didn't have to redo it when we did the full restoration a few years later.

For antennas, generic power antenna na lang. Yung madami sa Banawe. No one will know it's not Hirschmann. Nung nag-sale ng power antenna sa carshow recently, Php650.00/ea lang. hehehe. Switched to electric locks na din (more reliable). Even the fuel door and trunk are electric now.

The shop that Paintronixx (the restorer) recommended for the interior restoration did the whole interior for less than Php15k. That included all the pillars, door panels, seat upholstery (vinyl that looks close enough to MB-Tex), carpeting (including parcel shelf), repainting of door pulls and underdash panels, trunk, and other odds and ends.

The Benz 2 14" alloys were just refurbished and fitted with white stripe Gajah Tunggal tires for a classic look.

Some of the clips for the mouldings were missing. Had to get creative using stuff found here at home. Though bumili din naman for more critical areas.

Front fender liners from Sunshine Motors were Php 4.5k/pr AFAIK. The former owner lost them. Instillation required drilling as the original holes got covered by prior restorations. Sunshine stocks a lot of W123 parts. But they are quite expensive. For consumables and simpler things, MCR in Banawe is good.

Aircon, tiyaga na lang. I rarely use the vehicle in the middle of the day (no tint). Adequate naman ang performance for me. Parang hindi na kasi classic tignan if naka-tint.

But the soundsytem is anything but classic, Pioneer MP3 HU with handheld and steering wheel remotes, Targa seps sa harap, Pioneer 6x9's for rear fill, V12 amp, 10" Targa sub in a sealed box sa trunk. Old meets new. Pang-binata. hehehe.

I've posted these pics before. This was when the W123 was still a piece of junk in our backyard just collecting rat droppings:

Front license plate when it was still a daily driver:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Interior:

Trunk:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here she is now. Note the fabricated compressor bracket.

14" Benz 2 alloys, whitestripe tires, no tint for a classic look:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Interior. Btw, those black floormats are the Ultimat/Calypso type. You can order them from the Bionic shelf in ACE hardware or go directly to the Bionic plant in Cubao. The mats are pretty old. 1997 pa yata.

Trunk. The warning labels on the loading edge of the trunk were just reproduced at home using a computer. I just copied from the warning labels of the other Benzes. Labels are both for restoration and safety purposes. The subs have not been put in yet when the photo was taken.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    wow! the interior looks great!! and the white sidewalled GT tires look good too!

tulo laway ko

btw, asked the seller through email more questions about the 200d.. it has NO power steering and rear headrests.. and has a few rust spots on the rear wells... i was under the impression that all W123's came with power steering???

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We had a 240D, no PS too. Putting on a PS system shouldn't be invasive. Expensive? I don't really know. hehehe.

Btw, the 300D is my economy car. 7km/L seems to be the worst it can do. It gets better mileage than the Pajero. Lots of 300D's for sale. Try test driving one.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
MB 123 enthusiast...