New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Pics won't really help, because you have to look at it in person to see for any real defects. Post on the MBCP forum if you want more help and info:

MBCP

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    thanks again. taga anaheim ka nga pala. should have noticed the pics on your posts, hehe. i am now reading the benzworld forum for more info.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hens View Post
    sakit nga sa ulo/bulsa yung C-Class..

btw, ayaw ninyo ng E-Class (w210) na E55 AMG? 1.9M neg..I think mas-safe kayo sa w210 kung sa w203 lang..yun lang, malamang malakas sa gas un E55..
    Hens: You own a C-Class, right?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Hens: You own a C-Class, right?
    yep, dumating na rin sakin yung point na ibebenta ko na dahil sa nakaka-pikon na!

pero, walang major parts pa naman na nasisira..4 yrs na sakin un C ko (61km) ..so far yung Alternator & Fuel pump pa lang naman ang bumigay. ang nakaka-pikon lang yung mga maliliit na electrical issues..

Electric Folding Mirrors: minsan yung isang side lang ang nag-fofold..
    Check Engine Lights: pabalik-balik, di rin makita ng Casa kung ano ang problema..
    Sunroof: madalas, kapag binuksan ko, hihinto sa gitna. (ire-reset ko pa)

mostly mga sensors..mahina din yung mga plastic & rubber parts..(in & out). yung mga pang-ilalim din (suspension bushings) bilis din bumigay..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    sir hens. ganyan din ang naging prob sa car ko. out of nowhere umilaw ang check engine light. brought it sa pinapagpagawaan ko then they bought it sa casa wala rin makita pero na rereset nila. pero umiilaw ulit after a couple of hours. my rpm sensor nasira din (costed me 5k for a meter long wire with connector tips). engine mounts up to 20k... gggrrr and to top it all off my vario roof stopped working (well i think kasalanan namin kase we stored the car for a yr).

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hens View Post
    sakit nga sa ulo/bulsa yung C-Class..

btw, ayaw ninyo ng E-Class (w210) na E55 AMG? 1.9M neg..I think mas-safe kayo sa w210 kung sa w203 lang..yun lang, malamang malakas sa gas un E55..
    w210 i think are the most problematic car built my benz except for the amg engine.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    [quote=hens;794776]
    Electric Folding Mirrors: minsan yung isang side lang ang nag-fofold..
    Check Engine Lights: pabalik-balik, di rin makita ng Casa kung ano ang problema..
    quote]

make sure you go to a dealership with a star diagnostic.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    I thought you wanted an older MB, because the new ones, although new, have a lot of electrical issues. Get a nice, well maintained, pre-1993 w124 with every option possible.

The thing is, parts cost much more, especially for the new ones. The labor would also cost more, because of specializations in dealing with diagnosing these cars. The w124 doesn't have much electrical problems prior to 1993, but it has wiring harness issues after that (up to 95). The 190E baby Benz is great for city driving, small and nimble but has the suspension features of a w124 (similar sila).

Parts availability for the earlier models will be great too but as the model gets newer, parts get more expensive.
    Models with larger engines (E320 up) are more prone to the wiring harness problem.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Models with larger engines (E320 up) are more prone to the wiring harness problem.

not really. the real reason to this is sometimes Mb likes to experiment and used biodegradeable wiring harness which can be found on late model 300e and 500e.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Agreed, even the 1998 w202 cars with smaller engines have wiring harness problems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Maintaining a MB - how expensive is it?