New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Gusto Ko I Lowered Ung Auto Ko. I Drive A 97 Honda Civic.. My Friend Said Na Bili Na Lng Daw Ako Ng Surplus Na Rear Coils Springs Tapos Lagay Ko Sa Harap Saka Putulan.. Meron Na Ba Gumawa Sa Inyo Nito? Ala Kc Ko Budget Eh.. Mag Fit Ba Un? Need Help Mga Bossing ^^ Tnx

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Gusto Ko I Lowered Ung Auto Ko. I Drive A 97 Honda Civic.. My Friend Said Na Bili Na Lng Daw Ako Ng Surplus Na Rear Coils Springs Tapos Lagay Ko Sa Harap Saka Putulan.. Meron Na Ba Gumawa Sa Inyo Nito? Ala Kc Ko Budget Eh.. Mag Fit Ba Un? Need Help Mga Bossing ^^ Tnx
    NEVER CUT SPRINGS. That's what everybody here will tell you, if you want a lower ride get lowering springs and do it correctly.

Edit: BTW learn to type correctly your post is hard to read the way you typed it.
    Last edited by redorange; May 23rd, 2007 at 01:21 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sige putulan mo tapos balik ka dito sabihin mo sa amin kung ano ang nangyari. sabi nga nila, "learn from your mistakes."

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Try second hand lowering springs.

Read up on other threads about lowering. The common theme is: DO NOT CUT.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Just noticed the you want to put a rear spring in the front and cut it. That's even going to be worst because the front is heavier than the rear and if you cut it you'll aggrevate the problem. Here's a suggestion whatever ideas your friend has about cars don't listen to him unless you don't like your car much.
    Last edited by redorange; May 23rd, 2007 at 05:44 AM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    yes, just settle with second hand springs. mortal sin ung pinuputol!!!

karamihan sa naglo-lower ay nagiinstall ng shorter springs. ito ung pinakamadaling ma-achieve ung lowering.

An alternative, is to relocate the hubs and spindles upwards. This is ideal since it lowers the car without changing any of the suspension geometry.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    simple, if you dont have the budget right now, dont push through with your plans of lowering your ride. just save up for bnew/2nd hand lowering springs. do it right the first time, it'll save you a lot of headaches and $$$.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Secondhand lowering springs don't cost that much, and they don't lose that much stiffness over time (compared to stock springs).

Does your friend know much about Civics? The rear coils of the Civic have much lower spring rates than the front... not to mention the fact that they're actually longer than the front springs and they won't fit the stock front mounts.

Do it right. Buy lowering springs and don't cut the stock ones. You could possibly cut the stock ones if this were an SiR (SiR springs are pretty stiff, and don't bottom out badly if you cut one coil off... still doesn't ride as securely when you do this, though.), but not for a regular Civic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Also please type properly. I didn't even bother to read your thread because it was hard to read. You'll get more replies that way.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    kung wala kang budget , antayin mo nalang magkaroon ng budget then bili ka b- new

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Lowering