New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dudes,

I'd just like to share some observations....... In the past week or so, I've basically mothballed PJERO and have started to use my departed sis' toy RAV4.

I noticed that every time i killed the engine and opened the door to egress, a small but noticeable electric shock (static electricity discharge) runs through my fingers when i touch any metal part like the door!!!

Actually, I felt this way before when i was still driving a Honda. I dont feel the electric shock when i use my Diesel. A co-worker also feels the same shock when he uses his car......

Do you guys experience this??????? Just Wondering :roll:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid, hindi kaya ikaw mismo e electrically charged?
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it possible...... electrifying ang personality ko eh!!! bwaahahahahahahah!!!! :mrgreen:

But seriously ser Boybi, sa akin nga nag-aacumulate yung charge and not in the car, coz even if i touch the gate, meron pa rin static electricity discharge. Dahil kaya sa carpet or sa seats???? OH SHYET!!!! Baka nga!!!! Yung Civic ko at Yung RAV, naka cloth seats!!!

Naku di ko alam! :mrgreen:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how about yung steering wheel mo? me cover ba yan? baka fabric cover.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    yup, yun nga. kung ayaw mo na makuryente, change the cloth covers. may mga type ng telang ginagamit sandali lang pag upo mo pa lang electrically charged ka kaagad. :mrgreen:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung sa RAV stock steering lang po, parang rubberized. :D Carpet type floormats..... what i do sometimes is touch the window glass with the back side of my hand.... di masyado ramdam yung shock. sa fingertips super!!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe your tires are not dissipating the static electricity fast enough. Naging problema ng mga Accord sa US iyan dati because of their Michelin tires. Nakukuryente mga toolbooth attendants when they get in contact with the hand of the Accord driver to get the toll card.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sources of static.

1) Floor carpet
    2) Seats
    3) Shoes, especially when you're wearing leather... Your chances of getting static is reduced if you use soft rubber soles like slippers
    4) Your aircon... aircon dries the atmospheric air inside your car... try to drive with windows open (or at least off AC) for a couple of minutes before you reach your destination... Moisture in the air will reduce static build up... Same reason why you rarely get static during the rainy season.
    5) Tires. The larger your tire footprint, the harder the compound, the larger the chance of your tires generating static electricity. Again, if you pass by damp roads often, the chances are reduced.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ESD (Electro Static Discharge) yan!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    medyo malakas yan ngayon dahil dry at medyo may kalamigan din ng unti. don't know lang sa metro manila pero dito sa cavite eh ganyan. heheheh pano kaya kung may snow na sa pinas...

dito sa planta namin halos araw araw nangyayari sa akin yan.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
KURYENTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!