1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for a while... i thought that this was about useless moderators :lol:

the article is spot on!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Maybe for turbos, but exhaust modification does have merit on NA cars.

About filters, yes... about lowering, hell, yes, about spoilers and bodykits, heck yeah... Big wheels, spot-on! But turbo-timers? I'm neutral. I've seen the effects of improper cool-down on turbos in this country (and that's on a 00' Isuzu Trooper), and I'd say "why take the chance?"

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm medyo di ako sang-ayon sa article on certain parts.

big wheels - i upgraded to bigger wheels for 2 reasons... (1) to accomodate bigger brakes, and (2) to get better traction since i get wheelspin when using 15s.

exhaust - i gained a quicker spool on the turbo when i upgraded to a 3" exhaust setup

suspension - i actually get a better ride on my aftermarket suspension :D

turbo timer - same sentiments as niky

oh well, to each his own...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Niky: Yup, I think his article is concentrated on the particular turbo-engine that they usually discuss in that forum.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    So what is a useful modification??

Parang it is safe to just leave the car bone stock?

What I can think of as a "decent" upgrade are:

1) Get better TIRES than OEM. Leave the wheel size as-is or upgrade to a size recommended or originally designed for the car's stock suspension. Never get a REPLICA designed wheel such as a CONCEPT ONE. Get the OEM wheel for your car in a bigger size if you like.

2) Upgrade the Stock Sound System. Better head unit, Amp and rainbow speakers or some high-end brand you can be proud off to display!! No Subs please.

3) Get a Better brand Battery!! Replace that MOTOLITE battery to a better quality brand. (such as a DETA, DEKA, EXIDE, etc..)

4) Only get only OEM Cosmetic parts. Such as spoilers, skirts, interior parts etc.. If you want to improve the car's looks.

5) DONT GO TO CONCORDE and buy anything for the car..

REMEMBER, your car should always look decent enough to ramp in Manila Hotel and Shangrila. ALWAYS think that a ROYALTY will ride your car so no stickers and "rice" crap in your car.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how can you get an OEM wheel in a bigger size? :freak:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Battery? Better brand? Optima... the best. Of course, it costs an arm and a leg.

As for the wheel and tire thing, it really depends on your aim. 15" mags with intermediate compounds are better than 17" mags with street tires any time. :lol:

But it all depends on the balance of the car. Upgrading one or two sizes has its benefits in cornering and laptimes, but negatively affects fuel consumption and acceleration. It's all in what you want.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

No Subs please.
    Di pwede

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as for the wheel modification... the supra (the car that the website owner is modifying) is already riding on 16" rims - hence upgrading to bigger wheels isn't necessary. though some euro vehicles will be able to swallow bigger rims with the correct offset adjustment supplied by the manufacturer.

for the exhaust, I think they are talking about changing the intake manifold & aftercat exhaust system - which as explained will upset the airflow balance of the supra's stock turbo system.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Interesting... USELESS MODS...