New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    In response with es5's comment on the picture I posted in the gallery, Integra Type-R is still being sold in Japan. There are 2 versions of the Integra: Type-S and Type-R. In the US, they dont sell the Integra Type-R coz its in RHD form. What the owner of that Integra Type-R here in the Philippines DID is that he converted it into LHD. I saw it with my two eyes, its really Integra Type-R! It was in the Custom Car and Truck 2 weeks ago and in the Car Wars 2004 in Greenhills last week. You may visit this site: http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/integra/, please do check it out.

Peace
    Last edited by carlocaraddict; October 15th, 2004 at 08:07 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may kakilala ako na ito ang current project nya. ;)

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    oh well, nasa greenhills and mega mall yan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by carlocaraddict
    In response with es5's comment on the picture I posted in the gallery, Integra Type-R is still being sold in Japan. There are 2 versions of the Integra: Type-S and Type-R. In the US, they dont sell the Integra Type-R coz its in RHD form.
    Peace
    Im sorry but that is not the reason why US doesnt sell the Type R form of the DC5. Type-R and Type-S are both RHD (JDM, doh!). Type R version is not being sold in the US because of the small market demand or who can really afford the Type R version. another factor may be the emmision but it isnt because its RHD and LHD.

Rumors has it that USDM Integra will be discontinued by year 2006. Sales have been really weak, according to AHMC. In addition, Acura will try to focus on an upscale sedan like the TSX. The TSX will be the cheapest on their lineup.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I read the comment on the gallery. Obvilously, es5 made a mistake or made a wrong assumption.

Picture in the gallery is of RSX in the US. Still being dubbed the Integra in Japan. There is no USDM Type-R for that particular car. There is a Type-R in Japan for that same car.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Type-S power:
    118kw [160ps] /6,500 rpm

Type-R power:
    162kw [220ps] /8,000 rpm

specs:
    http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/i...ata/index.html

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and the pic posted up there is the facelifted integra.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Originally posted by Karding
    Im sorry but that is not the reason why US doesnt sell the Type R form of the DC5. Type-R and Type-S are both RHD (JDM, doh!). Type R version is not being sold in the US because of the small market demand or who can really afford the Type R version. another factor may be the emmision but it isnt because its RHD and LHD.

Rumors has it that USDM Integra will be discontinued by year 2006. Sales have been really weak, according to AHMC. In addition, Acura will try to focus on an upscale sedan like the TSX. The TSX will be the cheapest on their lineup.
    Thanks for the info Karding!. :D

ssaloon, yup, thats the latest Integra.

any way, my point here is that Integra Type-R is still being sold in Japan. Same with Karding, I also heard that news that the USDM will be discontinued in 2006 and not in the year 2000 :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I dont know why the RSX' sale in the US have been really weak. could it be due to the WRX and EVO? The celica will have its last model by 05 but scion tC will surely take over.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The problem is you can buy similar sports cars for the same power and four doors nowadays. The Sentra SE-R Spec V, the Mazdaspeed Protege (now out of production), and the Ford SVT Focus all give similar performance for less money, with the added utility of four-doors. And the Dodge Neon SRT-4 blows everything in it's price range away... being under $20,000 and 235hp... That's 5.6 seconds to 100kph at just over a million pesos.

The US market is spoiled for cheap compact car power, and compact sports coupes are losing out... they've gotten too soft and upscale, and now they're too expensive to compete... too bad.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Integra Type-R not yet phased out!!