New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just dont see someone who is considering an RSX but favors the NEON SRT-4 or Ford Focus SVT [?]

I know I would choose RSX any time between NEON and FORD. Oh well..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Another point of competition for the RSX and Celica are the Mazda RX8 and the 350Z, which are both only 3-5 thousand dollars more than the RSX, are more powerful (and faster) and rear-wheel drive... not to mention the Mitsubishi Evolution VIII, which is only around 2-3 thousand more.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by niky
    Another point of competition for the RSX and Celica are the Mazda RX8 and the 350Z, which are both only 3-5 thousand dollars more than the RSX, are more powerful (and faster) and rear-wheel drive... not to mention the Mitsubishi Evolution VIII, which is only around 2-3 thousand more.
    Sorry bro, but you are taking way too far.

you CANNOT compare RSX to RX8 and 350Z, are you nuts?

In addition, EVO VIII MSRP is $29,999 ($28,182 invoice) vs RSX-S' $23,570 ($21,488 invoice). That's $6K difference in MSRP. As a matter of fact, a $2K difference between cars are huge enough to take it into consideration. For you to say it's ONLY $2-3K more, is just plain ridiculous. Well, I guess you can say "ONLY" because you can easily afford those cars you have mentioned. Lastly, have you even considered the TAX differences? Well, let me give it to you then:

Assuming we bought the cars at invoice price:
    EVO VIII: 28,128 x 8.25 ($2,320) = $30,488+mic. fees = $31,000 OTD
    RSX-S: 21,488 x 8.25 = ($1,772) = $23,260 = $24,000 OTD

So, is it really $2-3K difference?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Okay... my bad.

Consider me shamed for not being up to date with my pricing. :p

2k is really not that bad as far as car price differences go (over there... over here, it's everything)... but a difference of 5k++ is a selling point for most American buyers. I messed that up. My apologies. I will now go cover my head in shame.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    $2K was my deciding factor when I bought the LX Civic as opposed to Civic EX. I guess this price difference is subjective afterall.

By the way, I've seen your cardomain site. A very nice looking ford indeed! F**ng Ford here in the US keeps building a POS automobiles. The Focus, was originally built in/for European countries then brought to the US. Successful models by Ford are mostly from outside the United States.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I know what you mean... but the best Ford Compacts are in Europe... AWD Turbo Focuses... drool! But you guys did have the RS, although limited production numbers stunted what could have been a best-seller for Mazda if they'd made more than a few thousand a year. The car magazines really loved the MP3, and the car-buying public would have, too... if they could've found them.

BTW, $2000 was the deciding factor in the choice of the RS, too... as the Civic 2.0, the Mazda3 2.0 and the Toyota Altis 1.8 all cost around Php 100k (1.7 thousand $)more than the RS (when I bought it... now, it costs around 20k more)... with the Civic and the Mazda (my other choice) being almost exactly $2000 more.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think MP3's HP should have been pumped from 140hp.

According to Autombile Magazine:

The first street-legal vehicle to fall under the performance brand name Mazdaspeed, the 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege is everything the limited-production Protege MP3 should have been. Because of some extreme compact-car competition from the likes of the Ford SVT Focus and the Honda Civic Si, Mazda's 140-horsepower MP3 was comparatively shorthanded, so the quick fix was a call to Connecticut-based performance tuner Callaway Cars. The most notable of Callaway's tweaks is the turbocharger that feeds the 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, which helps bring output to a respectable 170 horsepower. Other enhancements include a limited-slip differential, a stouter clutch, and a few suspension and cosmetic updates. It goes on sale late this year as a 2003 model. It might be a good idea to get your order in early; Mazda plans to limit first-year North American sales to a mere 2000 units.
    Finally, a predeccesor with at least 160HP...the Mazda3.

Ops, this thread is already an OT.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kanina pa nga. :D :D :D

The counterpart of the Turbo MSP has yet to be released here. Ford Malaysia has a working 195hp version, but no word yet on whether they'll produce it. Bad trip nga ako, I've been waiting for years on this.

Meron ka nga palang Integra dati! Was that sold for the Scooby? Hehe... maybe you can
    tell us why you didn't get a new Integra or RSX instead of the Subaru... because I think it's car fanatics like you and I who were the main clientele for the Integra.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why not RSX-S?

I wanted to try another flavor for a change. Been a Honda/Acura user since 1994. I thought with the newly released WRX, why not try it and see what the hype is all about with the AWD.

I had fun but it was a mistake. Anyone who have been driving a Honda will tell you that Subaru 5-spd tranny is a shame. Kapatid, kailangan mo magdasal muna bago mo ma engage and reverse! Its really notchy. They said, it will go away after 12,000 miles just like the BMW tranny. 12,000 miles have passed and the tranny is still notchy. Its embarassing to shift on reverse when someone is around you. Dude, you'll hear this loud a55 sound from the tranny as if you were mis-shifting, :swear: nakakahiya talaga.

Pros with Subaru:
    1. I wont be a typical Asian or Filipino who drives a Honda/Acura
    2. Easy to modify indeed (but the accompanying cost with the modifications will not be obvious until later)
    3. AWD hype
    4. I love wagon ever since I saw one while I was in Japan.
    5. Boxer-engine sound is unbelievable!

Cons:
    1. Resale value is way lower than a honda civic
    2. 17 year old Tranny originally designed to hold a 75hp car! (unless it's an STi 6spd)
    3. MPG is 20mpg average (pumping gas every 3 days which costs $20.00 for premium gas)

If I could only turn back time, I'll be driving an RSX-S. I should have listened to pogidawgie who owns one. (HCP Glendale, CA member)

Teka, paano mo nalaman na may DC2 ako noon? Bago ka lang sa Tsikot di ba? One last thing, I dont have my WRX anymore. Sold it on May 18, 2004. No regrets. If I had the RSX-S, it would have been a hard decision.

I'm driving a Civic 1.7 non-VTEC right now 36MPG average on an 87Octane (regular unleaded) :bwahaha:

Soon, I'll have the car of my choice. I wanted RSX-S next but the McPherson strut is driving me away from picking the RSX.
    Last edited by Karding; October 20th, 2004 at 07:07 AM.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Originally posted by Karding
    Type-S power:
    118kw [160ps] /6,500 rpm

Type-R power:
    162kw [220ps] /8,000 rpm

specs:
    http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/i...ata/index.html
    hey,peeps im back for d 2nd time..been a while.kamusta?just noticed my rpm today, its not 6500 but its 8000 rpm.im drivin type s..just to let ya know..

man!i know this my second post but im always around like every night jumpin from forum to another forums just to keep me updated for my cars..anyway ,hope i will recieve a warm and nice welcome..

Last edited by klein; October 20th, 2004 at 08:38 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Integra Type-R not yet phased out!!