New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i read an article on Top Gear Phils. re the Initial D VCD collection. What piqued my interest was that, well, at least sa pagkainterpret ko sa sinulat, that the initial D series was responsible for the AE86's popularity. e pagkakaalam ko, it's the other way around -- i.e. the ae86 inspired the initial D series. which came first?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    the initial D series was responsible for boosting the ae86's resurgence/renaissance (sp). drifters though, both in japan and in the US (when it was still unknown) did like the ae86 way back. of course, modded na yun since the stock suspension spec won't be able to stand up to drifting duties. it was the general drifting scene in japan though, which inspired initial D.

the ae86 came first.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    i read an article on Top Gear Phils. re the Initial D VCD collection. What piqued my interest was that, well, at least sa pagkainterpret ko sa sinulat, that the initial D series was responsible for the AE86's popularity. e pagkakaalam ko, it's the other way around -- i.e. the ae86 inspired the initial D series. which came first?
    AE86 came before Initial D ... but Initial D gave it new popularity in recent years with a younger generation.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    at least sa pagkainterpret ko sa sinulat, that the initial D series was responsible for the AE86's popularity.
    Initial D was responsible for introducung the AE86 to the younger generation.
    But its been a long time favorite of drift racers.

This is Keiichi Tsuchiya, the Drift King, he used an AE86 back in the 80's.

Here he is with the restored TRD modified AE86 Trueno which was given to him by Toyota.

PS: He is also the technical consultant for Initial D.
    Last edited by AG4; March 10th, 2006 at 01:05 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's like Gran Turismo and the Skyline. Gran Turismo introduced the Skyline to motorists who'd never even heard of the big Jap, and its subsequent popularity in video games and those idiotic Fast n' the Furious movies made it a hot import item for the US, now that former GT players are getting older and are coming into the money.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Initial D TV (First Stage) was shown from 1998-04-18 to 1998-11-28.
    But this was a manga first, 1995.
    Last edited by Bravoexo; March 10th, 2006 at 10:12 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4

Here he is with the restored TRD modified AE86 Trueno which was given to him by Toyota.

PS: He is also the technical consultant for Initial D.
    Tagal na gamit yung AE86 sa SCCA events. Ganda mags ng Trueno na yan a.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The AE86 also happened to be the favorite of Initial D's author. In GT4, there's a special car like this is, the Shigeno Edition. He also liked the 2-door Impreza, thus Bunta's new ride in the TV series.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    nauna yung ae86, kasi, 1986 pa yun eh, yung initial d, bago lang he he he, pero galing talaga ni takumi!, kaya din natin yun

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i believe na kaya ae86 ang ginamit sa initial d is because thats tsuchiya's car who is also an adviser sa initial d anime...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
initial D or AE86: which came first?