New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends really on the quality of workmanship. Some items are better done by machine... like applying adhesives and fitting windshields in this manner... but other items are too hard for machines to reach, or too complex for them to assemble quickly.

Human workmanship can be sloppier than machines at times, uneven adhesive application, uneven laying of trim... but it can also be better... flush fitting interior panels, hand-stitching leather trim... wala talagang apples to apples comparison. That's why many cars are assembled both by hand and by robot.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    If you're talking about man-made vs. robot-made:
    I choose robot-made especially if you're talking about mass production, its more
    precise than man-made. However if you're talking about bespoke production like in
    the case of Bentley, Rolls, maybach, etc. i prefer man-made, bec. it takes time to
    create such masterpiece.

If you're talking about CBU vs. Local made
    I choose CBU if its comming from Japan and Germany, bec. the manufacturing
    process is more strict than cars produce in other countries, they also use higher
    quality materials i.e. the guage of the metal used.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    man-made vs. robot-made?

robot-made.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    i suppose locally-assembled units are not really a far cry from the ones assembled abroad. modern manufacturing technology is already here naman, and even more advanced technology is creeping in. as regards the human component in the manufacturing process, pareho lang yan regardless of the location - don't buy a unit completed either on monday or friday

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Locally or Imported are just the same. Most if not all car manufacturers will outsource, meaning "Cheapest will win the bid" say for example the plastic dashboard or the cloth seat for the vehicle, car manufacturers will look for companies who can make those materials and vendors will try to bid and siyempre whoever can make those materials the cheapest will win the bid...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some of the wiring harness of the U.S. built Ford Expedition still come from Laguna. And some parts are labelled made in Mexico.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Imported vs.Local assemble