New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I just need advice on purchasing a EK hatchback surplus from japan, cause I am planning to buy one, I see ek3s posted on the internet with price ranges to 270k to 400 plus, is it safe to purchase one?Kce from what I heard dami daw problems yung papers if hindi registered sa Metro Manila ung vehicle at madalas nasisita sa daan?I hope to hear from those who own's one or have an idea, kce kararating ko lang galing abroad. thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The only advice I can give is to clear the papers with the LTO before you finalize the purchase... I know a guy who was burned on one of those deals when he tried to register the car a year after buying, only to find out that the papers weren't fixed. Good thing he knew the people at the LTO office he went to (they didn't confiscate the car) and was able to demand his money back from the seller.

Unless you really want a hatch, why not look for a "virgin" SiR?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Ako, my current car is an EK3 hatch. I bought it secondhand around 4 months ago. What you want to be sure about is the papers nga. Y plate yung akin, pero registered in Pasay. According to the previous owner, after bringing it in from Japan, it was originally registered in Tagbilaran (kaya Y plate). Then when he brought it here to Manila, he had its records transferred to the LTO sa Pasay. I had it checked sa TMG before buying it, it's clean naman (transferred ownership na rin, just to be really sure). If you're looking at an EK hatch din, I'd recommend making sure its papers are absolutely clean before putting down any money.

I have been pulled over once by the TMG cops, but they were obviously looking for lunch money, not smuggled cars, so showing them the TMG clearance didn't work (this was right after GMA had those "luxury" cars backhoed). I had to use my connections to finally get rid of them.

Also make sure about the mechanicals, yung sa conversion and stuff. Usually it's nothing major, the biggest problem is that the wiper and light stalks are on the wrong sides. But you never know...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Thanks sa reply nyo dalwa. Yun na nga ang fear ko being pulled over by the cops kce medyo hot car nga ung ek hatch, well Im still considering owning one. I'll just take note of the advice thanks

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    mejo mainit nga sa daan ngayon ang mga imported cars
    ..dito sa place namin sa QC dalas ng checkpoint

dami naman mga local 2nd hand cars na matino

na wala ka pang hassle sa daan

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ekfinder View Post
    Thanks sa reply nyo dalwa. Yun na nga ang fear ko being pulled over by the cops kce medyo hot car nga ung ek hatch, well Im still considering owning one. I'll just take note of the advice thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BoEinG_747 View Post
    mejo mainit nga sa daan ngayon ang mga imported cars
    ..dito sa place namin sa QC dalas ng checkpoint

dami naman mga local 2nd hand cars na matino

na wala ka pang hassle sa daan
    If you really want one, I think it's worth the risk. They can't bust you if the car is clean. But then again, if you're not the type who's up for standing up against cops, BoEinG_747 is right, you're better off with something else.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Good Evening! I also owned one, bought it here sa tsikot classified ads din last March 07. Papers is ok, just renew registration in Malolos City. Original is still in Cagayan De Oro(previous owner). Planning to transfer all the papers to my name pag may uwi ko. Napacheck ko na lahat pang ilalim, change oil, brake pads, ATF, no major problem so far. Since wala ako yung brother ko muna gumagamit paminsan minsan.

Just like the other just said before buying a 2nd hand car, check muna lahat lahat and if everything is OK at kung talagang gusto mo, GO FOR IT BRO!

I need advice on purchasing a EK hatchback(EK3/EK4)?