New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    we have a2007 avanza bought last feb 2007. mileage is 7k+. dati average of 35kms per day ang takbo or around 200kms per week.

since mataas na gas and mas mabilis lrt2, we decided to commute na lang.

average kms nya ngayon e 35 per week.

pano mag maintain ng ganitong gamit ng car? do i wait pa rin for every 5k kms checkup? o dapat every 6months na?

thanks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    6 months for me

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Better get in touch with your SA so that your warranty will not be voided. Just to be on the safe side.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    change the oil once a year imo. or sell the car since it hardly gets used. hehe!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    IMHO, every 5,000 kms or 3 months, whichever comes first.

Degradation of oil starts as soon as you pour it in the engine. It may be less compared to a similar vehicle which is having bigger mileage but still the properties are still changing brought about by oxidation.

Another IMHO, if the operating and maintenance costs of owning a vehicle is a little bit on the upside, I beleive its better getting rid of it and invest the money somewhere.

Practically speaking a vehicle should serve its purpose, it should be a necessity, if it is not, then it is a liability.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DonT View Post
    IMHO, every 5,000 kms or 3 months, whichever comes first.

Degradation of oil starts as soon as you pour it in the engine. It may be less compared to a similar vehicle which is having bigger mileage but still the properties are still changing brought about by oxidation.

Another IMHO, if the operating and maintenance costs of owning a vehicle is a little bit on the upside, I beleive its better getting rid of it and invest the money somewhere.

Practically speaking a vehicle should serve its purpose, it should be a necessity, if it is not, then it is a liability.

Agree here. Sayang lang ang pera dahil nagde-depreciate ang sasakyan.....

4707:santas:

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    There's no other more practical way to maintain a seldom used car than to breath life back into it by driving it once more.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Hi All,

Need adcvice lang regarding sa newly purchased kong Mirage HB 2015 model. Weekend ko lang kasi magagamit yung car. 5 days a week nasa Manila ako and uwi ako Bulacan during weekend. Kaya ako bumili ng kotse dahil mahirap mag commute sa Bulacan unlike in Manila.

Siguro around 8Kms lang matatakbo ng Auto ko every weekend pero syempre meron akong mga planned occasional trip sa Tagaytay/Baguio etc probably once every 2 months.

Ano po ma aadvise nyo? Salamat!! Planning to use Mineral oil muna on my first 1K Pms. Or should I go with synthetic agad? Ano mas ok for seldom used car!!! Thanks po!!!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Dont worry about the engine oil.

The only two concerns are the battery being charged and the paint (if parked under the sun)

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If to be used weekly ok lang , pero if more than 2 weeks, buy a battery tender para always fully charged battery mo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
how to maintain a seldom used car?