New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Anong procedure to check if the car i'm buying (2nd hand) is not carnapped?

Alam ko lang is i need to go to TMG. Then what's next? sino dapat lalapitan ko? yung mga nagma-macro-etching?

Hindi pa clearance ang kelangan ko, i just want to check first.
    How reliable is this?

thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Get a copy of the CR then go to Crame, punta ka sa IT department. Sabihin mo "papaverify" ka. This is all FOC.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Kailangan ba to go to crame just to have it verified? Hindi puwede itawag or fax?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mas mabilis kung ikaw mismo ang pupunta sa crame...

eto pa isang tip: mas maganda kong makakausap mo mismo yung registered owner na nakalagay sa registration...

kung out of town or out of the country, iinsist mo pa rin na makausap kahit through phone ang may-ari para maitanong ang service records, repair history, etc. etc..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, hindi pwede itawag iyon. as it is, its not even an official procedure. Parang nakikiusap ka lang.

Another and even better way is to get a copy of the CR and verify it at the issuing LTO branch. Eto na ang pinaka sure. You can even go as far as verifying the vehicle from the casa which released it.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    thanks very much sa mga replies. the issuing LTO branch is a bit far away where i live. I was able to trace sa dealer. it does checkout ok. tapos I was able to trace to the orig owner. it does seem to check out ok, including the claim of the buy and sell owner about the condition of the car.

i am sceptical kasi eh. the price is a bit cheap for its condition. siguro 1 year na rin sa kanya wala pa kumukuha. Nagsama na rin ako old trusty mechanic, wala kami makita major problems. I also did check myself, I can't see any problems. Pagkuha namin isasama ko brother ko na marunong sa cars, para one last time check.

Sana ok talaga ang deal, and he is just selling para hindi na nakapaco ang money niya. My first purchase kasi eh, hard earn money. Kaya trying to be careful talaga.

Thanks again sa replies.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw ano ba yung sasakyan? model? asking price?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    local terrano. paint daw by allan isidro (not sure), pero super ganda talaga. japan terrano accessories. etc. leather interior. etc.

asking is 400+ Nagdown na ako.

The price is not real cheap. But with the given condition and the added work done, its really cheap.

how check if the car is not carnapped?