New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hi ma'm h12..kung ako ikaw subukan mo rin pumasok sa mga casa ng hyundai o kia..pag sedan meron silang matrix o accent..ok mga diesel engine ngayon iyang CRDI tinatawag..pag suv naman granting you got extra dough from procedds of your crv mag-sorento ka o d kaya tucson..but then again i dont want to add up to your confusion..hehe..
    kung san ka masaya go for it..!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hello!

thanks for the inputs we decided to take it slow ... wag magmadali. at first I wanted to buy by 1Q of this year. pero hirap pala kaya within the year na lang. hehehe. kawawa mga dealerships na naghohope makadecide na kami. nahiya naman ako

we saw a newspaper article yesterday that the new corolla will be released in the next few months? although, yun nga, sure na walang discounts dahil bago.

an0nim0us: did you ask for the freebies when you have decided to buy it or while you were still shopping around?

afrasay: I actually like the "porma" of the jimny kaya lang di daw masyado comfortable for the backseat passengers? so baka di sumakay parents ko ... hehehe. saka i think wala masyado safety features? May ABS and airbags ba?

praktikal and tagalnasaabroad: thanks! that's good advice. kaya nga slow down muna kami. pagisipan ko daw talaga kung ano gusto ko. And I will try to visit other casas

BTW, if you guys can spare some more time for my questions ...
    is curb weight important? napansin kasi namin "mataas" yung ford and mazda compared to toyota and honda (i think japanese cars are lighter than american cars?). what are the pros and cons of having a "heavier"/"lighter" car?

thanks again

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Heavier curb weights will translate to slower acceleration and a penalty in fuel economy. But not really that much. Most of the heavier cars in the segment are the ones that feel the most solid when you slam the doors or pass over road impefections.

Generally speaking, lighter is better.

Me, I always try to avoid 'popular' models. Sa sobrang dami nila sa daan at sa sobrang uso, once the replacement model comes out, 'luma' ka na agad. Yung mga Accent at Rio kahit lumabas na ang kapalit, hindi pa din halatang luma kasi konti lang ang nasa daan. No one even remembers what the first gen Rio looked like. Kaya kapag may nakikita sa daan, minsan sinasabi ng kasama ko, 'bago ba yun?'. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    True, heavier curb weights usually translate to worse consumption, but it's not as big a factor as the efficiency of the engine itself... siguro, at most, 0.5 km/l yung pinakamalaking effect. The Mazda3 is heavier than the Corolla because it has a stiffer, more modern body, which translates to a better ride, better crash rigidity and better handling. The Focus is even heavier because of the additional sound insulation. You'd understand the difference if you rode in all of these cars for a trip down the South Super Highway... but I don't think they'd let you road test that far...

Pero, like I've said, you're not going to be sorely disappointed with any of the cars, anyway.

*H12: hey, don't feel bad. The sales agents might feel bad about not getting your sale, but just tell them you need a little more time due to economic reasons... they'll understand. Besides, there are lots of other fish in the sea.

Ngayon daw dadating ang new Corolla? Haven't heard word... all reports point to next year... pero it'll be a good thing for Toyota, medyo sobrang outdated na ang Corolla compared to the competition.
    Last edited by niky; January 21st, 2007 at 10:41 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    H12 - an0nim0us: did you ask for the freebies when you have decided to buy it or while you were still shopping around?
    I did not ask, I demended for freebies heh-he. Pwede yan sa Ford dati, dont know nowadays. Sa Toyota, may fleet discount din sila, 30K yung na-avail ko.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
[Help] Getting more confused ...