New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    mas maganda siguro kung may kasamang pics..

OT. dami ko din nakita new buses ng five-star galing china yata yun..

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I have a foton cyclone truck. And all I can say is sobrang sisi ako sa pagbili ko nito. Poor quality, poor after sales service and deceptive sales tactics. Wala pang one month twice ko na pinagawa. Na tow pa yung truck once dahil ang taas nung temp meter nila, kala tuloy nung driver ko magooverheat kaya nung itinabi muna para lagyan ng tubig na tow sila. Mahina pa ang hatak pagincline yung road. Hirap na siya papuntang antipolo (half full yung truck) while yung ibang surplus truck ko kahit puno truck hindi nahihirapan. This truck (2months old) has already given me more problems than my other surplus trucks. Kaya for me better buy parin ang japan surplus truck, doesn't matter if mura ang foton it's not worth the trouble.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I've seen this trucks here also. Di ba yan yung me logo na FOTON sa harap? Tawag nga namin dyan is fotoner. hehehe

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    my office just bought a Foton Tornado truck a couple of months ago, at 2,350 km milleage, nag pumping oil na yung engine, we brought it back to foton, they opened the engine and they saw that the Connecting Rod of the #3 cylinder was bent, they said water entered the engine, which was quite impossible since when our area flooded we did not use the vehicle anymore, they didn't want to fix the unit under warranty stating it was negligence which caused the vehicle to be damaged! the service manager (which was from other jap brand dealership) told us to ask for Good Will Warranty from the warranty officer, which he said other brands extend to their customers...the A**hole warranty manager just said they don't give Good Will Warranties!! when we went there the mechanics told us secretly that the metal used in the Foton engines were quite poor and easily bends or breaks!

We're now with a piece of Brand New Crap that doesn't work and we're paying for the amortization for nothing!

Foton is cheap....and expect the same thing for their quality and aftermarket service...no amount of difference in price from the Leading brands (Isuzu, Mitsubishi) is worth the frustration and trouble it will give poor buyers.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Anyone who ones an a Foton MPV? What can you say about the ride?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    dude, you'll be wasting your money with this chinese junk. Even my 100% chinese friends loathe at the idea of buying a chinese car because they know how dog of a vehicle one is. hehe.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo32 View Post
    Anyone who ones an a Foton MPV? What can you say about the ride?
    Ok Ride. Responsive.. Lakas ng Torque. If you want to inquire or avail, let me know. May kilala tayo sa Foton Bonifacio & EDSA Munoz. My contact details 09228330867

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    eto yung pics for rear a/c intallation..ala pa yung cover..syempre gawa ko yan...likod ay fabricated from evaporator ,housing at cover..install 2 new aux fan for the additional condenser..additional wiring at lines and tubing..http://www.facebook.com/pages/gorion...38332889550750

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_weasel View Post
    my office just bought a Foton Tornado truck a couple of months ago, at 2,350 km milleage, nag pumping oil na yung engine, we brought it back to foton, they opened the engine and they saw that the Connecting Rod of the #3 cylinder was bent, they said water entered the engine, which was quite impossible since when our area flooded we did not use the vehicle anymore, they didn't want to fix the unit under warranty stating it was negligence which caused the vehicle to be damaged! the service manager (which was from other jap brand dealership) told us to ask for Good Will Warranty from the warranty officer, which he said other brands extend to their customers...the A**hole warranty manager just said they don't give Good Will Warranties!! when we went there the mechanics told us secretly that the metal used in the Foton engines were quite poor and easily bends or breaks!

We're now with a piece of Brand New Crap that doesn't work and we're paying for the amortization for nothing!

Foton is cheap....and expect the same thing for their quality and aftermarket service...no amount of difference in price from the Leading brands (Isuzu, Mitsubishi) is worth the frustration and trouble it will give poor buyers.
    CHINESE JUNK. DO NOT BUY!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
FOTON China now in the Philippines.