New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hey do you guys know Foton exists in the Philippines? I haven't seen them start their campaign yet though, kaya siguro konti lang nakakaalam.

================================================== =======

China's top truck maker now in RP
    Inquirer

MANILA, Philippines-The number one manufacturer of trucks and pickups in China is now in the Philippines.

Beiqi Foton Ltd., or Foton for short, recently inaugurated its showroom in Quezon City and now offers its best-selling trucks and pickups at very affordable prices.

Rommel Sytin, president of United Asia Automotive Group Inc., Foton's partner and official distributor in the Philippines, said Filipino truck buyers can now visit their showroom at A. Bonifacio Avenue and see for themselves the ultra-reliable Foton vehicles that boast of high-end looks and features yet easy-on-the pocket sticker prices and maintenance costs.
    "After months of negotiations, Foton is finally in the Philippines through its partner, UAAGI. It is an honor to bring such quality vehicles that fit the requirements of our small and medium enterprises," Sytin said.

Leading truck maker
    The Beijing-based Foton is the leading manufacturer of light trucks and utility pickups in China. Established only a decade ago, this fast-growing company now exports to more than 30 countries, including the United States and Japan.

For the excellent quality of its vehicles, Foton has been eyed as a worthy investment partner by German-American company DaimlerChrysler AG. It is currently working with American company Cummins on its environment-friendly diesel engines.

In its entry to the Philippines, Foton has brought in a lineup of workhorses, starting with its compact pickup called the Blizzard, known in China as SUP. Modern in looks and performance, this pickup is now available for a mere P588,000, or about 30 percent cheaper than other brands.

Other vehicles
    Other vehicles now available at Foton's showroom are the following:
    o Tornado is a four-wheel, 2-ton truck that is available as a drop-side or with an MPV (multipurpose vehicle) body that can comfortably seat 23 people. It is perfect as a business hauler or a school service. As a business hauler, it can do the work of a 6-wheeler while running only on four wheels, thereby exempting it from the truck ban.

A Tornado cab-and-chassis unit only costs P599,000 while a complete MPV unit with dual aircon only costs P789,000 or cab and chassis for only P599,000.

o Cyclone is a 6-wheeler that fits every businessman's budget. At only P485,000 for the cab and chassis, business owners can now have their brand-new truck and save on maintenance costs and lost opportunities brought about by untimely breakdowns.

o Hurricane is a megatruck that can rival Optimus Prime and can be used to haul anything, as in anything. Despite its gigantic size, it remains within the reach of medium-size businesses. A cab-and-chassis unit retails for P1,400,000.

Sytin noted that all Foton vehicles enjoy a standard factory warranty on both parts and service. He is inviting entrepreneurs in the provinces to be sales agents and serve as virtual provincial dealers. "They don't need millions to become dealers of Foton. The returns are high and the products are very easy to sell," he said.

For more information, visit United Asia Automotive Group at 707 A. Bonifacio Ave., Quezon City or call (02) 363-9367 or (02) 364-7320
    Last edited by boybi; August 15th, 2007 at 11:35 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The MVPMAP PhUV uses Foton components.

I saw a Foton truck parked outside the MMS at the World Trade Center a few months ago. Looked cheap-ish, but the price on the brochure was jaw-droppingly low...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The MVPMAP PhUV uses Foton components.

I saw a Foton truck parked outside the MMS at the World Trade Center a few months ago. Looked cheap-ish, but the price on the brochure was jaw-droppingly low...
    the chassis for the PhUv is from foton right?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Chassis, drivetrain, dashboard. ;)

Cheap, compared to the Japanese, but still expensive. Pero consider, the expected sales price is around 350-450k with Chinese components... if you buy the drivetrain from Isuzu, a package including the motor, front and rear solid axles, the engine and drum brakes (!!!) like those found on the PhUV costs 450k... (that's with a 30k discount already) and that doesn't include the instrument panel, steering wheel (steering assembly lang) or frame rails. A PhUV made with the Isuzu package would cost about 700k or more.
    Last edited by niky; August 15th, 2007 at 12:35 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The FOTON pickups look like knock-off Isuzu trucks from about two generations ago.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The FOTON pickups look like knock-off Isuzu trucks from about two generations ago.
    Based sa Fuego platform ang Blizzard pickup na Foton(parang Gonow/Nexus pickup trucks)...

Alam ko yung trucks nila ay based rin sa Isuzu technology..

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    mukha syang mini DMAX

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I attended World Food Expo in World Trade CEnter few weeks ago. THen i noticed this new Foton truck all doors and compartment opened. THen i thought that this is something fishy w/ that. They are disguised and park in the front/driveway as if they will be pulling out their items in the expo because it is last day. Until, lady approached me and silently gave me brochure and pricelist and i was very surprised with the LOW PRICE. I think they are not allowed to distribute their flyers...

I asked what type/model of engine they have and told me 4JB1 (ata or something similar). I said "Isuzu yun diba? Sir Isuzu clone"...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    [SIZE=4]i used blizzard now from foton..how do i rate it??..EXCELLENT!!!![/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyGale View Post
    [SIZE=4]i used blizzard now from foton..how do i rate it??..EXCELLENT!!!![/SIZE]
    miss foxy gale, welcome to tsikot.com. if you think it's excellent, please give us a full report, on handling, power, interior/exterior, pricing, etc. etc. mejo generalized po ang statement nyo, baka sabihin pakawala kayo ng foton importer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
FOTON China now in the Philippines.