New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Any brand will do, as long as the pressure is good. Go for the real deal refillable chemical types, not the disposable decorative types they sell at Concorde or the cheap disposable kitchen types at the hardware store...

IMHO, get the biggest one that you can pick up and carry in an emergency. The smaller ones don't have enough chemical foam to kill bigger fires.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    None for me. I've had a vehicle for over 14 years, never had the chance to use one (and hopefully, will never have that chance).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have a First Alert Automotive fire extinguisher under my seat.

All our vehicles are equipped with one and we are trained to use them. I might not have a fire anytime soon but another motorist might need assistance.

Compact local fire extinguishers start at Php750.00. Blade sells OBX fire extinguishers in funky colors for less than Php1k also.

fire extinguisher may expiration at kailangan palitan every year
    First Alert does not have an expiration [this is stated in the owner's manual]. It has a test button to check if the unit will operate in the event of a real fire. FA is more expensive then your usual fire extinguisher but I guess its worth it.

The ambulance has two fire extinguishers.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    San po nakakabili First Alert?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid View Post
    San po nakakabili First Alert?
    And how much? Innova kasi ang ride ko eh.

Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    what for? siguro pag Innova tsikot ko...

fyi. fire extinguisher may expiration at kailangan palitan every year.

magastos noh...

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3276[/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I have one, but I hope I'll never have to use it.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ang alam ko kung walang expiration ang fire extinguisher, hindi ba minsan nag-le-leak siya as a result, wala na sa tamang pressure when you look at the meter. Ano ba ibig sabihin non?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    If the reason for storing a fire extinguisher in your car is to have a means to save the car in case a fire breaks out, make sure that it's a Halon or Halotron fire extinguisher and not a Dry Chemical one. The Dry Chem extinguishers kill fires by smothering them and preventing oxygen from reaching the flame. They are very good at killing fires but they are also corrosive. The moment you use one on your car, you will need to get it rewired and repainted since it gets everywhere and will eat away at your wires and paint. You will also have to toss most of the electronic components of the car since they will be irretrievably damaged. You may actually want to just burn the damned car and have insurance declare a total loss than having to rewire/repaint a car.

The Halon/Halotron extinguishers fight fire by lowering the temperature and they aren't corrosive. Vacuum lang and you're good to go. Mahal lang nga siya (3-5x more than dry chem) but they don't expire and are refillable. May gauge naman to determine if there's acceptable pressure in the extinguisher.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First Alert used to be sold at all ACE Hardwares. For some reason, the one here at SM North doesn't stock the automotive model anymore. But they do have the kitchen model (the one in the sleek white case).

Here's what mine looks like:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    here's a question - how many people with fire extinguishers in their cars have actually had to use them? excluding Otep and other people in the lifesaving industries...

fire extinguishers do need maintenance and constant inspection (not sure if they all have expiration dates, but all of them do need to be professionally inspected regularly). it would really suck if you kept one in your car for 10 years...and you finally need one....and then PFFFT :bwahaha:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
fire extinguisher in your car