New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i like the Sti more than the evo8...saw one sa transportshow sa megamall.....and i think the scooby looks better...IMO...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag pumunta ka sa Forum ng Lancer, hate na hate nila STi. Sa mga Subaru sites naman, hate na hate nila Mitsu.

Mitsu Forum: STi's hood scoop is not environmental friendly. It can swallow a pigeon. Those huge spoiler is just plain ugly!

Subaru Forum: Mitsu EVO8 reminds me of Pontiac Sunfire and those taillights are altezza knock offs. altezza ewww

kung ako pipili and I hate to be bias, STi ang pipiliin ko not because I own the WRX but because its got more HP and 6-spd! :twisted:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    paul,

my mistake dude!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    FYI lang pala............

The Evo's that have wild horsepower figures (like over 400 wheel HP) are usually the RS variety (no ACD and AYC) since these electro-hydraulic torque proportioning devices cannot cope with serious horsepower figures.

Most people who take their Evo's to the track opt for RS models over GSR's or swap out the ACD / AYC for mechanical limited slip diffs because these provide faster times (slip angle is better) in a track when modified accordingly.

In a way, you can say that for the keen driver, irrelevant ang walang AYC / ACD since the car feels weird, although for the driver with limited skills, AYC / ACD will help him go faster around the circuit but all the experienced drivers I know prefer a good old fashioned mechanical LSD over these gadgets.

Hence, in the US ang sayang lang talaga is walang 6-speed tranny yung Evo 8. As for power, I've seen it a lot even here in the Philippines: its harder to coax power out of the Scoob's boxer-4 than the venerable Mitsu 4G63t. With the 3rd gen 4G63t now being sold in the US, its interesting to see what horsepower figures we will see. As of now, Norris Designs in the UK have produced the most powerful Evo 7 (mechanically similar to 8 and based on the Cedia body as well). Check out www.norrisdesigns.com to see their monster Evo 7 track car.

Pero the warble of the boxer-4 can win you over despite the lack of power.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RS Sprint, also don't forget the wildest of them all --- ZERO FIGHTER!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2004 EVO8 boasts 271HP, but 271hp cannot be achieved by 91 octane gas in California.

For comparisons sake, a 2003 WRX generates approximately 155 wheel hp when tested under similar conditions. Assuming the WRX’s horsepower is rated properly by Subaru, we run into a little problem. If the 227HP WRX puts 155 horsepower to the ground, why does the 271HP EVO only put down 180 wheel horsepower? Shouldn’t it be closer to 200 wheel hp considering the factory horsepower rating. Eager to find the answer to our questioned, we turned our attention to the fuel we used for our testing. Operating out of the lovely state of California, the highest octane fuel available is 91 octane. To see how the EVO would react to the higher octane fuel available in most of states, we concocted some 93 octane fuel by mixing our 91 octane fuel with an appropriate amount of 100 race gas. The results were astonishing: A substantial 8-10 wheel hp gain after an ECU rest and several learning runs.
    EVO8 owners who live outside CA are lucky. Well, unless CA owners are willing to spend money on racing gas just to achieve the base HP that Mitsu claimed.

http://www.vishnutuning.com/lancer.htm

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baba pala noh?

Here in Pinas, stock Evo 4-6.5's dyno at about 200-210 wheel HP on a Dynojet with Shell Velocity (95RON) or Petron Blaze (98RON). Evo 7's, due to their longer gearing, make slightly less than this relevant range.

But with basic bolt-ons (intake and turbo-back exhaust, no bossting up), you can get 15-20 wheel HP gain, more so if you remove the CAT or install a DECAT pipe. Mapping with E-Manage or Power FC has yielded up to 261 wheel HP (highest we've seen) but boosting 1.2 bar (up 0.2 from OE spec).

So does that mean mas maganda fuel dito sa 'Pinas kumpara diyan sa America? Parang ang hirap isipin ata nun...........

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas maganda jan ang fuel pero hindi environmental friendly. Maraming ka eklatan dito sa California. They used to have 93octane pero dahil sa mga environmentalist, pinalitan yung additives na MTBE. Wala nang MTBE kaya lower ang octane rating. We could have maintained the 93 octane in lieu of another additives but we have to pay more on the pump.

Bawas polusyon daw sa dagat ang MTBE pero yung alternative additive naman, delikado sa Land.

yung 91 octane hindi yata pwedeng compare sa 95RON or 91octane does not equal to 95RON.

I think

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Another thing, expect USDM specs to be less in HP due to EPA and DOT restrictions. Yung EVO IV ng mechanic ko, RHD JDM 200+HP stock. Hindi naman Street legal, kung gusto nyang ma drive sa street, he would have to pay at least $10,000 to be EPA and DOT approved.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ayoko ng itsura ng bagong evo8 pero nung makakita ako sa neighbor ko ng silver na evo, syeet ang lupit. ayoko lang nung harapan nya.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Evo 8 watchout!!!