New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oh, so it's old, but it's something to share.

http://www.environment.gov.au/atmosp...4/summary.html

Note that though increased emissions weren't so dramatic with all cars, increased emissions and wear were exhibited by all cars. (None of which are guaranteed ethanol ready).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    It apears that this E10 is likely can cause premature damage to our engine, if always use, even compatible or if keep on trying blend this fuel to an ordinary fuel use in our car. So, instead of savings there could be an empending big expense behind on the major repairs or overhaulling jobs on waiting. This could be reminder to all tsikotters beware on this E blend

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Shell E-10 gamit ko ngayon sa escape. Okay lang ba to? Wala naman difference in terms of performance. Ung sa fuel economy, binabantayan ko pa kung may improvement. Masmura lang ng 50 centavos. Kung wala din ako makitang improvement sa consumption balik na lang ako sa unleaded 93 RON.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kiper View Post
    Shell E-10 gamit ko ngayon sa escape. Okay lang ba to? Wala naman difference in terms of performance. Ung sa fuel economy, binabantayan ko pa kung may improvement. Masmura lang ng 50 centavos. Kung wala din ako makitang improvement sa consumption balik na lang ako sa unleaded 93 RON.
    if I am right... using ethanol blended gasoline would result in increase fuel consumption which would offset that 50 centavo per liter savings.

Moral of the story, stick with unleaded gasoline.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Biofuels were not made for better mileage, instead, for easing the environmental impact of burning fossil fuels by substituting some of it.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sold all my ethanol stocks. Ethanol is not the way to go.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventoy View Post
    It apears that this E10 is likely can cause premature damage to our engine, if always use, even compatible or if keep on trying blend this fuel to an ordinary fuel use in our car. So, instead of savings there could be an empending big expense behind on the major repairs or overhaulling jobs on waiting. This could be reminder to all tsikotters beware on this E blend
    Ha? Hindi ko maintindihan sinasabi mo.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Ha? Hindi ko maintindihan sinasabi mo.
    try kitang tulungan,

Ventoy's post reworded:

It appears that E-10 can cause premature damage to our cars engines. Even ordinary cars which are E-10 compatible can be damaged thru continuous use of this type of fuel. So instead of saving money, we would have to spend more for cost of impending major repairs such as overhauling the engine. This is just a reminder to all tsikoteers to beware of using E10.
    my comment: ngayon ko lang nabasa to ha, so according to the study parang walang major benefits / advantages ang e-10 sa gasoline. lalo na pag mas matagal na ginaamit, mas malala pa ang emission pati wear and tear.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by NazQ View Post
    try kitang tulungan,

my comment: ngayon ko lang nabasa to ha, so according to the study parang walang major benefits / advantages ang e-10 sa gasoline. lalo na pag mas matagal na ginaamit, mas malala pa ang emission pati wear and tear.
    The study was for E-20, 20% blend of ethanol as opposed to what is being sold here na E-10 which is 10% blend lang. E-10 is being sold na in Autralia as an alternative parang dito sa pinas.

I guess they did a study to know the effect of a higher blend of ethanol.\

If i can remember correctly toyota does not recommend it (E-10) since it leads to premature wear of rubber parts where the fuel passes through.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup... e20 ang study...

the biofuel law only requires an e5 blend (please correct me if am wrong). the e10 blend is currently being sold by some gasoline retailers.

e20 is already a strong blend and only a few vehicles are engineered (like the focus) to handle the more corrosive fuel. e10 is generally ok for MOST vehicles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Ethanol Study on E20... not very good news...