New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nothing beats regular washing, waxing and simply stopping the rust the minute it appears. ever heard of ospho? chemical yun that you apply on rusted parts, converts the rust to sulphur oxide (very hard anti-rust chemical) and stops rust from spreading. no need to scrape to metal, just apply it on rusted parts, wait till it turns black then paint. may darating kami na 3 drums this week, maguwi nga ako ng kahit 1 liter lang hehehehe!

yung electronic rust protection it works like anodes, like the zinc anodes they weld on sides of ships. zinc anodes work, i just don't know about those electronic ones. why not just weld a piece of zinc bar under your car? cheap and tested way to slow down rust.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    come to think of it, i saw some ospho sticks at handyman yata. it looks like a felt-tip pen, yellow ang plastic cover. you just "tik-tik" the rusted part, apply the pen over the rust, wait till it turns black in color, then primer and paint. kung hindi sa handyman sa diy sa galeria.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Electronic rustproofing works with certain limitations.

I did an experiment by scratching two G.I. Sheets to remove the protective zinc coating. One sheet was not connected to the device. Everyday, I applied a lil water on the exposed section of both sheets. Two weeks later, the sheet without the device started showing wide signs of rust. The protected sheet had a very very thin line of rust.

CONCLUSIONS:

1. Electronic rustproofing works but with limited success. It only retards or slows down the growth/progress of rust.

2. There is NO substitute for a good a paint job, regular inspection and touch-up of exposed metal. Proper car care PLUS the electronic device lengthens the life of your car body though.

3. Electronic rustproofing provides a surplus of certain ions (i forget the polarity but I think it is negative ions since oxygen is also a negatively charged ion) to repel the oxygen ions. This prevents oxidation or the chemical bonding of iron and oxygen.

If you are interested in buying the electronic device, I know someone who imports it and sells it cheap. Just e-mail me : erix*skyinet.net.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ok ba itong gadget? kasi ok daw ito para iwas sa rust.... di ba malakas sa baterry? and is it effective? thanks:confused:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tomecho...... dont waste your time and money on it :D

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    linis, wax and regular check lang talaga ang katapat ng kalawang

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we've had those devices since 1992 and i can attest that it really slowed down (not stop) rust formation. in 1991, we bought a brand new liteace and put that electronic anti-rust device. when we sold our liteace last month, gulat yung buyer kasi lahat ng nainspect nyang liteace ang dami nang rust sa ilalim and critical spots. yung samin very minimal lang. to think, medyo neglected sya sa washing and waxing. hindi nya alam tinanggal namin yung antirust para maikabit sa next car namin hihihi.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    since napag-usapan na rin ang Fuelmax, whats your input on the so called rust-o-mizer?

what's this product that retards rust on cars? real or bogus?

have you tried this?:confused:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    i bot the product 5 months ago and all i can say is that i still see rust forming in my suspension and body

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    tnx mintoy, so maybe its not advisable to buy this.

fellow tsikoteers, pls just post if u have ideas regarding this , tnx.:worried: :worried:

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Electronic Rustproofing/Anti-Corrosion device [MERGED]