New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000053055762/
    It’s called the Lancer Evolution MIEV, which stands for Mitsubishi In-wheel Electric Vehicle. Like its name indicates, the EVO MIEV has four electric motors located in the wheels packaged neatly with the brake assemblies and steering hardware. We posted on Mitsu developing this technology on one of its Colts, but the system on this EVO is different in that it features a hollow-doughnut construction that locates the rotor outside the stator, as opposed to vice-versa in a common electric motor. This offers benefits in terms of power output, space efficiency and weight, the latter of which directly affects the vehicle’s handling. The all-electric EVO MIEV will be competing in the Shikoku EV Rally 2005 being held August 27-28 on the island of Shikoku, Japan. Mitsubishi is using the event to test the system’s range and durability in various environments. Currently the company is one of the few researching in-wheel electric motors, the development and mass-production of which could help draw positive attention to Mitsubishi the same way the Prius did for Toyota. And just imagine a real hybrid EVO with in-wheel electric motors and a 350+hp 2.0T. Mmm… that’d be fun.

Official Press release:
    http://media.mitsubishi-motors.com/p...etail1321.html
    Last edited by niky; October 20th, 2005 at 04:35 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    wow...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a green car and smokes the competition at the stoplights too.... :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ayos

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The downside probably is the sticker price.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    baka parang rc car hehe pero i want 1. Pag yumaman ako napromise ko na bibili ako ng isang evo, yun ay pag yumaman lang ako hehe

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kaya lang, 8 seconds 0-60 lang siya pag electric power lang ang gamit.

I want to put those motors in my rear wheels.... :D

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Pwede na ba sa atin ang electric cars? I understand sa States may gas stations which offer charging services. Sa atin kaya?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    afaik pwede yan. old electrics like GM's impact had a home adapter.

Electric Evo!