New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Good evening guyz...

Ask lng kung normal b ung dripping sound under the car..?.say the sound came from under the front seats...
    I checked if there is leak on the garage floor pero wala nmn...

Ung sound nya kasi ay parang may tumutulong tubig sa empty na stainless planggana.. And or sounds like nagiinit ka ng mantika then u put 1 drop of water on a boiling cooking oil. But afyer a few minutes, say 3 or 5 mins, nawawala na nmn...

I suspect kasi na baka dahil lng mainit ung makina... Lancer po ito... 2.0 engine... 91 RON recommended fuel.... And i always use 95 RON...

Thanks..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Late model cars use either stainless steel or hot rolled high strength steel (HSS) for the exhaust pipes. When you shut the engine down and the exhaust temperatures are high, it makes dropped uling sounds as the metal shrinks back to size

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Late model cars use either stainless steel or hot rolled high strength steel (HSS) for the exhaust pipes. When you shut the engine down and the exhaust temperatures are high, it makes dropped uling sounds as the metal shrinks back to size

Agree, it's normal.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by car_fan View Post
    Agree, it's normal.
    Well said, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Ah... Ok thanks.. Kla q my ngpprito ng isda sa ilalim eh... Lagi kasing may pusa sa ibabaw ng hood.. Kainis.. Hahah