New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do you wear gloves while driving?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 15.91%
  • No

37 84.09%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    Mainit ang naka-gloves kung nasa Pilipinas.
    I agree. kung nasa pinas.odd tingnan kung car dala mo.unless motorcycle or very sensitive talaga yung kamay mo sa manibela. sa ibang bansa na may winter, ordinary lang yung mag gloves lalo nat hindi gaano malakas heater ng sasakyan mo.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tried wearing boxing gloves while driving.....ang hirap... heheheheheh.

seriously, no.... i only drive short distance.
    but when i go mountain biking, i sure do wear them.
    and i wear gloves too while playing golf.... (OT na...)

3. FrankDrebin Guest
    Erpats ko noong 80s with matching RayBan aviator. Hehehe.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    gloves parang exaggerated naman, power steering naman lahat ngaun

====

meron dito isang tsikoteer, helmet ang suot pag long driving, pati asawa at mga anak niya. can't remember the thread

baka sila yung bumili ng helmet na nilalako along roxas blvd.

weird yung mga tindero dun eh. aalukin ka ng helmet eh alam naman nila na kotse ang dala mo. bak etong pamilyang ito eh kumagat :D

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Not to make a big deal out of this. But, I'm trying to picture how someone can get blisters just from driving. I can see someone getting blisters if the vehicle they're driving is some kind of huge truck with no power steering and the wheel alignment is so horrible it swerves as soon as you let go of the wheel. You're constantly battling to keep the truck straight on the road.

But a car...... Gee, my 06 Hyundai Sonata is a big and heavy car. But I can drive it with one right thumb and index finger on the steering wheel while my left arm is draped over the open window and me trying to look cool.

My chances of getting blisters are far greater handling exercise machines in the gym.

if you hold your steering wheel properly while driving, not with one finger hehehe, you'll develop kalyo (not blisters --> paltos). i think it is not really with turning the steering wheel that you develop those kalyo. it is with constantly holding the steering wheel that causes the skin on your inner hand to pack together tightly for a period of time. so even if we have power steering we can still develop kalyo or callus.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nope... I drive for more than 3 hours a day a yet I don't have blisters on my hand. I grip my steering wheel properly too to boot (10 & 2 o'clock position for me).

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i drive 2 hours a day pero ni minsan nde pa nagpaltos o nagkalyo ang kamay ko at grip ko talaga yung manibela. si takumi nga halos araw araw hard driving pero wala namang suot na gloves :D

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    No, I don't.

But there was this one time that I did wear expensive leather gloves. It made me feel like a Nascar driver, and I don't know why...feeling lang ha, kasi I drive like grandma, hehehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why would wearing gloves improve hygiene? particularly if you always drive your own car? aren't the dark, sweaty, tight confines of gloves breeding grounds for bacteria...and why would you be grossed out to touch your own car?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    if you've got sweaty palms maybe you should consider wearing gloves because the acid from your sweat may damage the leather of your steering wheel. daming kasong ganyan kaya ultimately they end up re-upholstering their SWs eventually

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Do you wear gloves while driving?