New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Love em or hate em?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Musclecars are the greatest!

25 80.65%
  • No way. they are useless pieces of junk that should be put out of their misery.

6 19.35%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    Question lang to the group...arent cars like the chrysler 300 a tribute to older designs? kasi it seems some marques are actually doing the retro thing and that is a look thing diba?
    it is still equipped with modern technology. although they say it's a retro thingy, I hardly see that it is.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    You must be a techie. I respect your opinion, though I don't agree with it. To me a car isn't a cellphone.

Running an old muscle car is a hobby. Like other hobbies, there's not much practical value in it. Many hobbies are a complete waste of time and money, to begin with.

I've always dreamt of having a muscle car. In fact, I wish someday I could restore my granduncle's '66 Chevelle 4-door. I only saw it running as a kid, and I wish I could still see it running now. Unfortunately it was garaged because it was getting too expensive to run.

Muscle cars represent the era when the Americans were very proud and happy about their cars.
    no sir, i'm not really a techie person. but I like newer things all of the time. it inspires me.

sometime nga when I enter a house full of wood and antiques, nakikipag-plastikan na lang ako so as not to offend the host. pero ayaw ko talaga. words like classic, nostalgic and now muscle cars, and old school lancers and galants of 70's era, wala deadma talaga ako.

even yun mga civic vti's or esi's na siguro 30 years from now could be considered a classic for me. mas interested pa ako sa future car like yun mga concept cars.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The 'Fast and the Furious' crowd doesn't seem to have much love for muscle cars. hehehe.

Muscle cars are a part of history and harks back to simpler days. It's easy to buy a go-fast Evo or 350Z, but to build your own V8 monster is still something else.
    They don't realize that what they are doing now with their Civics is nothing more than an evolution(pardon the pun) of what the guys with Camaros did during their younger days. Anyways if I spent the same $10K they use for fixing up Civics, and use it on a Ford or Chevy small block I could get more power from it than a highly strung four bangerwith no torque.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    no sir, i'm not really a techie person. but I like newer things all of the time. it inspires me.

sometime nga when I enter a house full of wood and antiques, nakikipag-plastikan na lang ako so as not to offend the host. pero ayaw ko talaga. words like classic, nostalgic and now muscle cars, and old school lancers and galants of 70's era, wala deadma talaga ako.

even yun mga civic vti's or esi's na siguro 30 years from now could be considered a classic for me. mas interested pa ako sa future car like yun mga concept cars.
    But you can't get to the future without knowing the past. Correct me if I am wrong but you must not have been brought up in the era of these cars. Yes new technology is good but there is still something to be said for the simplicity of being able to fix your own car without needing an engineering degree. I guess muscle cars are sort of like people, they were once young and wild. But now that they are classics they are more mature and moving to becoming elder statesmen of their generation. As a show on Speed network says " Don't crush em, restore em".

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ang ganda nang mga v8 lakas hataw sa daan....

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    love 'em ...'tis a dream that bugs me everytime i go 4 a kip....coz they have characters and attitude....and a good investment in the long run (they don't come cheap this days)....:car:

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i guess im a techie, but i love muscle cars! never owned one, closest experience i have was my first time driving a v8. at work, there was a chevelle that sets off a few car alarms everytime it starts (on two occasions) .

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004

Oh I see, so you're not a classic type of person in general.

Personally I like anachronisms. I'm no purist though, so even if you can see a turntable next to my computer (it's connected to my computer, actually!), I'm not the type of person who'll be ever able to agree with the "vinyl forever warm sounding tonally pure" audiophile crowd. (so to speak)

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    it is still equipped with modern technology. although they say it's a retro thingy, I hardly see that it is.
    yup. because it must evolve so it has modern tech. now retro is based on design. the new chrysler is inspired by the orig 300 series of chrysler in the 50s. even the first incarnation of the BMW z3 was inspired by the 507s (or was it 509s) of the 50s. Miatas of roadsters of the past. even now the new charger, etc. from a design standpoint do you dislike these cars? if so that isnt a prob since you are entitled to an opinion. but for many they epitomize cars with soul as opposed to a, no offense, Korean car that may have the latest tech.

hate to say this but even concept cars may have some "nostalgic" (shudder) inspiration. "Classic" means enduring in terms of design and timeless. now adding all the tech parts and modernities are for it to keep up with the times. but then again we are entitled to our opinions as you have yours of course. it is just hard to look at things in a vacuum.
    Last edited by midinite; January 9th, 2007 at 10:52 AM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I like any restored or maintained "old school" car. :thumbup:

Always a head-turner for me when I see one cruising on the road.

It doesn't have to be a muscle car.
    Last edited by Autobeat; January 9th, 2007 at 07:39 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Do you love or hate musclecars?