New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2014

i can weld

i can design suspension

any recommended sellers for the tow ball, and the other side (cup, or whatever it's called)?

as for LTO, they say you could simply emboss a number using some metal punches. stencil it and LTO does the registration how true???

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    just searched olx and there are sellers for the hitch ball.

don't forget to post picture of your work in progress. i've been thinking also of fabricating a tow hitch receiver but initial cost calculation does not seem to be worth it.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    just searched olx and there are sellers for the hitch ball.

don't forget to post picture of your work in progress. i've been thinking also of fabricating a tow hitch receiver but initial cost calculation does not seem to be worth it.

hitch receiver easy lang, depending on the car. if you enjoy this kind of hobby then it's worth the time

but the trailer is a bit more involved coz it has suspension

so before committing i would like to verify first if DIY trailers can be registered in the first place

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    so before committing i would like to verify first if DIY trailers can be registered in the first place

Depends on how you will use it IMHO. For commercial purposes, like hauling stuff of other people, you may need to have it registered. I've asked the same question before somewhere in here.

On personal experience though, I have a friend who tows a trailer for his jet-ski (here in Manila) without any registration papers, wala naman sumisita sa kanya. I have a ski-trailer as well, but its in Negros, wala rin sumisita sa akin doon.

I stand corrected on this assumption.

And I may also need a trailer for our farm here, so I'm watching this thread for updates ...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

i can weld

i can design suspension

any recommended sellers for the tow ball, and the other side (cup, or whatever it's called)?

as for LTO, they say you could simply emboss a number using some metal punches. stencil it and LTO does the registration how true???
    I bought some of my trailer hardware from ALS Marine Osmena HW, IDK if they still exist.
    Meron din sa CamperShell(Ride Inc) & Carryboy Banawe, Rats Sabio St., Makati & sa katabi nya Yakima, 199 off road house, Tondo.

Trailer needs registration, proper lightning and wiring harness. Hindi lang mahigpit ang LTO pero in case of accidents at ma nenok trailer mo mas madali na kung rehistrado.
    Last edited by 12vdc; October 9th, 2017 at 12:02 PM.