New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    My supplier friend told me that there is a group selling used, genuine embassy plates. Goes for 5k daw.

Has anyone heard about this?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    My supplier friend told me that there is a group selling used, genuine embassy plates. Goes for 5k daw.

Isn't this kinda "illegal"?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006

mahal yan! kase wala na diplomatic immunity
    bat kaya galit yun tumira kay ebarle jr sa kapwa nya naka blue plate?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    No idea on Diplomatic Plate for sale,but they are exempted from the UVVRP. I agree with Ghosthunter this is an illegal practice.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

if one is not an expatriate then how can it be a genuine diplomatic plate? I mean if I'm a buyer then no matter how genuine the plate is, it will still be a fake since I am not authorized to own that kind of plate...

am I making sense? ...still sleepy...:sleep2:

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Might be for show only. Diplomatic vehicles use blue registration plate stickers right?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    if one is not an expatriate then how can it be a genuine diplomatic plate? I mean if I'm a buyer then no matter how genuine the plate is, it will still be a fake since I am not authorized to own that kind of plate...

am I making sense? ...still sleepy...:sleep2:
    (+1) i totally agree with this one

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Yung mga "otso" na plaka for sale rin diba?

hahaha

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    If there is one selling this diplomat plate i wont buy .Its good if your really a diplomat with legitimate document on it and issue by US Embassy . Its a big hazzle in case of accident using vehicle plate number that is Fake.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First time i've heard of this actually (blue plates for sale) but i'm not surprised to hear it. When a diplomat's car is sold, it is reverted to the standard plates once the taxes are paid up (or something like that). CMIIW.

You'll get a kick out of breaking the rules it seems (per what i see with a good number of these guys) but once you're in accident or is pulled over to check on your papers (i've seen traffic enforcers doing this in Makati) then its open season; its the driver who gets the ticket and not the car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Diplomatic Plates on sale?