New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some car traders have a device that can alter the odometer reading of cars equipped with digital odometers to increase the resale value of their cars. And some shops or individuals also have a similar device that offers to alter the odometer reading for a fee (I've heard it costs somewhere from 4K up to 10K).

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Never look at the odometer.

Always listen to the engine. The engine cannot lie.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Some car traders have a device that can alter the odometer reading of cars equipped with digital odometers to increase the resale value of their cars. And some shops or individuals also have a similar device that offers to alter the odometer reading for a fee (I've heard it costs somewhere from 4K up to 10K).

sir ang alam ko nasa 1,500 ang paurong ng digital na odo. may gumagawa kasi nyan sa carfair sa sta. lucia grandmall. minsang umikot-ikot ako dun nahuli ko mismo. grrrrrrrr. tinanong ko na lang. kunwari interesado ako. pero uzi lang. hehehehe. sa casa na te-trace pa rin nila orig na odo yata.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How low was the mileage and what is the general condition of the vehicle.

Nissan Patrols are usually part of multi-vehicle families and may have not been used as a daily driver.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    pwedi din ba gawin basehan brake and gas pedal kung medyo pudpod na goma?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    How low was the mileage and what is the general condition of the vehicle.

Nissan Patrols are usually part of multi-vehicle families and may have not been used as a daily driver.
    Sir Otep:

The unit had an odo reading of just 40+tkm,engine bay is clean(detailed), inside upholstery had been clean, but the gas and brake pedal had been change to aftermarket one.(I think the orig one rubber was worn out na!!)a set of new tires.

My doubt on this unit is why after only 40+tkm, you have to change the pedals and tires??and the seller can't show me the casa record!!

hellboy

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by onedayoldchick View Post
    pwedi din ba gawin basehan brake and gas pedal kung medyo pudpod na goma?
    No those parts are easily changed. Like Niky said trust the engine it does not lie. And always have a competent mechanic check the car.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hellboy View Post
    Sir Otep:

The unit had an odo reading of just 40+tkm,engine bay is clean(detailed), inside upholstery had been clean, but the gas and brake pedal had been change to aftermarket one.(I think the orig one rubber was worn out na!!)a set of new tires.

My doubt on this unit is why after only 40+tkm, you have to change the pedals and tires??and the seller can't show me the casa record!!

hellboy
    at only 40km+ without the casa record hhhmmmm... something fishy out there. sa odo reading for normal drive shall equate to at least 2-yr old+ car, sabi nga ng mga car gurus... don't rely on the odo reading but on the engine itself!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    alamin mo muna kung yung previous owner ng mga patrol na yan may maraming sasakyan, kasi kung ganyan ibig sabihin bihira lang nga talaga gamitin yan.

pero kung 1 or 2 lang sasakyan nila incl. the patrol e labo nga ng mileage na yan

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have an '02 with 58k on the clock during the time of acquisition earlier this year. So finding an '03 or '04 with 40k is not impossible. My brother drives his car less than 10,000kms a year also. We sold it after 4 years with barely 20k.

If it has aftermarket metal pedals, chances are the original pedals are just under them. You don't have to remove the originals when installing aftermarket pedals. Some people install them for the 'look' (e.g. my brother put metal pedals the day he got the vehicle from the dealer). When I sold my Pajero, I removed the metal pedals to expose the unused rubber pedals. Lesson: don't trust the pedals. hehehe.

That model of Nissan Patrol wore H/T tires as OEM. Reading around here at the forums, you'd see that it's pretty normal for some people to swap in better tires even just days after buying the vehicle. My rig was also refitted with OEM-size all-terrain tires by the previous owner. So it's pretty hard to trust the tires also.

You can always ask 'em where the unit was serviced if you need to get a detailed record. But in my case, the previous owner stopped visiting the casa at 50,000kms. and even I don't bring it to the casa anymore (I write down my own service record).

It's hard to assess the unit without actually seeing it. If you have doubts about that particular unit, just shop around to see how an average Patrol of that year model looks like. When I shopped around, it was pretty amazing that a lot of them were indeed in pristine condition. I did encounter an '04 in really bad shape. Body, engine, and interior were all in need of repair...

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Digital Odometer Tampering [Merged]