New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Is it possible to reverse mileage on digital odometers? I heard kaya daw sa banawe?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, with the right equipment.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Yes, I heard these can and have been tampered by some sellers. If the seller/owner could not provide the warranty booklet that supports the current odometer reading, then that may be an indicator of a possible tampering of the odometer. Then again, they could also have just lost the booklet.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the tool is too advance and it is not too worth it sa atin...IMO hindi naman binabase ang selling price ng second hand na oto because of the odometer reading e.

besides, you can always just buy a 2nd hand low milelage odometer sa suking surplusan and replace your high milelage odometer is easier di ba.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    It cost around $600.ONce in a while i can find this on ebay.com

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I just experienced some sort of cheating the odometer reading by cutting the electrical wire or connection. Once I test-drove a nissan patrol, I noticed that the odometer is not registering the mileage, so I asked the SA about this who just placed what I think was a fuse and voila! the odometer is back.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hello to all tsikoteers and 4x4 guru:

may napansin ako mga nissan patrol year 2003,2004 na binebenta ng mga car exchange with digital odometer and an unbelievable low mileage considering they are 3 to 4 years old.

alam ko yung analog meter kaya pitikin ng mga mekaniko para palabasin na mababa and mileage. How about the digital one, can they do it also????

hellboy(mike)

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Yes they can! Marami gumgawa nyan sa Banawe.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    one of the first thing they do sa mga traders na ganyan.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    That's why the entire package should be examined when looking at pre-owned vehicles - body, under chassis, engine bay, etc., and not just the odometer reading. All these elements should be consistent with no single element sticking out like a sore thumb. More importantly, casa service records are your best bet in making sense of the odometer reading of the vehicle. As always, caveat emptor!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Digital Odometer Tampering [Merged]