New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Ito astig. ginawa pang ad ng chevy

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    that's one lucky dmax. i've seen that vid before pa talaga. haha. that's the dmax that has the Crosswind engine.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I said in my earlier post that I wont ford through deep flood again. I lied!

Heavy rains are pouring down at Las Pinas a while ago. The heavy downpour shows no sign of easing after an hour. I decided to go home driving our Hilux E. Knee-deep floods are almost everywhere: portion of soldiers hills 2, marcos alvarez near Shell (i even saw an Isuzu Hilander XUV stalled), Teresa mines park, portion of pilar village. Some cars begin to hesitate to cross knee-deep flooded streets but no problem for me and our hilux.

But what sent chills on my spine was crossing the main road of BF almanza going to Alabang-Zapote rd. Before crossing, a Starex, tricycle, and Kia Pregio chickened out and decided to turn around. I also saw a group of tambays pushing a taxi toyota corolla XL to higher ground.

So I got excited and decided to cross the flood but after 10 feet of crossing I saw in front of my headlights water reaching my bumper (waistline) and created a bow of wave. I kept going and thankfully I emerged from the waist-line deep flood and saw A Toyota Revo about to cross but changed his mind and turned around.

So tonight is by far the deepest (waistline) floodwater ive ever crossed.
    Last edited by usokpower; March 24th, 2012 at 11:29 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    for those of you little daredevils who treat your car as if it was a boat or a submarine, it's all fun and games until you incur damage to your car. have your differential gears and transmission (front engine rear wheel drive) or your transaxle (front engine front wheel drive) checked for water intrusion. the transmission, transaxle or differential has a vent on the top that ingests water as the inner temperature of these components cool down while treading water deeper than what your vehicle was designed to traverse.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hmmm. Kahapon siguro, sa sobrang alon ng baha pumunta sa hood ko. Pero kung gano kalalim, mga 3/4 siguro mg gulong. Basta naalala ko rev lang ng rev dapat pag nasa tubig. Tumuloy ako kasi may Lynx na nakalagpas. Pero marami din magbabackout, ewan ko bakit.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    It rained hard yesterday afternoon and I was in V. Mapa going towards P. Sanchez, A lot of vehicles took the small street as to avoid the flooded part in V. Mapa. Medyo malalim din risky for a sedan to pass through.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Very memorable talaga 'tong ondoy.

September 26 '09 about 11 00am
    Nasa pampanga ako where our business is based (mostly andito ung kotse namin). Nagpapasundo na kapatid ko sa FEU dahil an taas na daw ng baha. I was confused kung ano ang isasabak ko kasi alam kong di biro ang baha na aabutin ko. Then I finally decided to bring in my i can say "new" pick up back then.

Driven my '07 hilux 4x4 A/T Diesel. From Pampanga next to Manila (FEU morayta sinuong ko ang UST flood) lastly to our residence in Bulacan unto which andami nang nag hahydroplane sa Nlex. From balintawak I exited to Marilao kasi tiga marilao ako but to my surprise pinapadiretso na lahat sa bocaue exit dahil sobrang lalim na. Ayon sa Bocaue exit ako dumaan but highways there has higher floods than diversion.

About 3 00 pm na ako nakarating ng marilao. napakalalim na talaga ng tubig abot nasa hood. randam ko malapit na tumirik pero as I rev through our village. My truck showed his toughness more because it facing running water. which goes directly to the hood scoop. after just around 5 mins hanggang 2 inch na ng windshield ang sakop ng waving water. As I went up to our garage, half wheel na ang sakop dun sa fieldmaster ko and also dun sa hilux. nagmadali ako kinuha ko na lahat ng mga gamit dun sa hilux tpos bumaba na ko sa hilux dala ung mga gamit (I wouldnt forget this incident where in I decided na pabayaan nlng na mabaha ung dalawang kotse ko at dala ko na ung mga gamit ko para kang pinaalis sa bahay) ganon din ang ginawa ko sa pajero FM ko. then last kong ginawa is tanggalin ung batteries and plates nila. And after that I took a picture of them both with the flood water near
    the headlights. It's like a farewell picture (too bad my laptop was stolen wherein the picture was stored).

There's more naiwan ko ung owners manual ng hilux na naka pouch dun sa parang lalagyan sa likod ng front seat. Buti naaalala ko at nasalba. After that pinanood ko nlang mainvade ng water mga car ko.

September 27 '09
    Buti ambilis humupa ng tubig samin

First thing in the morning plugged in the batteries again to check if my cars are still working. To my surprise my hilux still started and water was draining in the exhaust. At first I was really hesitant with this pickup because it is just part of the IMV for 3rd gen countries. But I proved that wrong.

Unfortunately my pajero fm started pero ndi na makagalaw. and all my speaker upgrades are all broken. buti pa ung hilux oem speakers pero ndi nasira. Not bad for a 11 yr old car back in 2009.

Fast forward to 2012. Both of the cars are now running in good condition. from that incident up to now ginamit ko nang pangharabas ung hilux now clocking 240km. Yung fieldmaster ko naman 300km na ngayon.

-END-

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by usokpower View Post

Ito astig. ginawa pang ad ng chevy

Astig!!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Delikado ba sa auto tranny na lumusong sa baha?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jdee12 View Post
    Delikado ba sa auto tranny na lumusong sa baha?
    Its a lot more inconvenient when you stall an automatic car because you can't just jump start the darned thing by the tulak boys. Another way an A/T can be downed would be water entering into the transmission fluid. But that would usually take a lot of flood to do.
    Last edited by GTi; May 26th, 2012 at 11:33 PM.

Deepest Flood Water You Drove Your Car/SUV Through Successfully