New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    What was deepest flood you drove through without any or with minor damage to your vehicle?

In the morning of September 27, the day after Ondoy submerged the metropolis I went back to get my Starex (GRX CRDI) which was parked a kilometer away from our house and with a week's groceries. I drove around Manila looking for a unflooded way home, of course, there was none. I was pinned in an area were it was further away from where I last parked and the only way to go was go to the water which was about 2 feet deep. After waiting for almost an hour and only after witnessing an old Hi-Ace did it. I was able to summon my courage after much prayer and drove right through the murky water. Success!

But that was just the first of many. However, with the new found confidence on my van I readily move through the length of Pedro Gil even though other vans would not dare.

So far I have not experienced any apparent damage or indication of such in my van due to the watery ride.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Way back when I waded our old 1972 VW Beetle in knee deep water in one of Buendia's infamous flash floods. Being rear-engined and air-cooled the VW Bug was one tough cookie wading through floods.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    nearly knee deep floodwater....I think, but that's my rough estimate. It was like 3 years ago.

hip-deep waters of laon-laan/ma.clara..

back during my MLQU days and i still had my 2-inch lifted delica starwagon...

now... i have no plans crossing that deep again...kawawa ride ko (kahit AWD)

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    nitong ke ondoy, more or less 200 meters knee deep flood with my precious.

but nung tatay ko ang driver with our 7k fx, from dalandanan to malanday stretch ng mcarthur, knee deep flood ang sinuong nun. even the floods of lolomboy, bocaue and malabon, sinuong din nun. ang ending, maaga nabulok ang body. pero ngayon, restored na ang body niya at mukha ulit siya bago!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    The past few years my Corolla 4k engine in Araneta Ave . Almost hit the radiator fan you can feel it and made it until Petron E .Rodriguez. My idle become rough and open the distributor cup wet and keep it dry and the idle become smooth . What makes good on the disributor you will find a plastic that fit the contact point not to be wet .

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nissan Sentra '92 model, Mayapis St. Drove thru waist deep flood, with a Pajero in front. Was thoroughly scared when the Pajero stopped midway, my Sentra waded thru successfully though. Only damage was my muffler. Hole rusted thru.
    Intake at the back of the headlight must have helped. Will never do it again though. Hahaha!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Submerged under muddy floodwaters your suspension system, brake system, tie rods, etc. etc. will be filled with water and suspended soil which when it dries becomes a dusty, sand like material which is extremely abrasive and will cause the early demise of all the lower body systems of your car.

Hindi pa kasali ang corrosive action ng water itself. Actually madali matangal water. It's the soil that will make it's way into various systems of your car thats a troublemaker.

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    Hip-high with my fieldmaster. Will never try it again. Kakatakot.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    back in Papau new guinea, we used to cross flooded rivers with our Landcruiser 80 series.. the deepest we ever crossed was jst over the hood of the LC, of course naman it was fitted with a snorkle and ARB air lockers.. back then it was jst a normal way of getting home..

for floods here in the philippines.. the deepest i drove my stares was probably just lower than the headlites.. this was early sunday morning after ondoy.. we came from san fernando. thankfully edsa was not flooded anymore and we manage to reach home in silang cavite..

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Deepest Flood Water You Drove Your Car/SUV Through Successfully