Oct 2002

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cools air intake, fuel and intercooler

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Downside... Its freakingly expensive!

5lb tank & solenoid kit $369.95
    Air Intake kit $149.95 (requires tank & solenoid kit)
    Fuel bar kit $123.95 (requires tank & solenoid kit)
    Intercooler kit $79.95 (requires tank & solenoid kit)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i guess the cryogen part is what's inside the tank ... liquid carbon dioxide?

another guess ... this stuff is only for racing because that cryogen in the tank won't really last long if its going to be used to cool the intake air

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    psssst! liquid CO2 does not exist. CO2 has only 2 phases, solid (dry ice) and gas.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yebo actually highly compressed CO2 is liquid. So carbon dioxide has three phases: gas, liquid & solid. The problem of using CO2 as a refrigerant is its tendency of producing some amounts of dry-ice when quickly expanding from liquid to gas.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by kinyo
    i guess the cryogen part is what's inside the tank ... liquid carbon dioxide?

another guess ... this stuff is only for racing because that cryogen in the tank won't really last long if its going to be used to cool the intake air
    the system is used in the same way as a nitrous oxide kit. Its only activated when more power is needed. Even NOS doesn't last very long, just enough to make a difference.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    question....why not use liquid nitrogen instead???....its cheap, available and would only mix in the air when it volatilize (relatively safe)....we use this to transport vaccines sometimes.....CIGI sells it.

my 2 cents.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there are also nitrous oxide systems used to cool down intercoolers & the like. But using pure liquid nitrogen will result in frozen engine parts that might crack apart... hence, LN2 is too cold.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    expensive nga yan, they also offer those for I/C. IMHO, I'd rather use the water "Sprayer Kit," less expensive pa. Kapag nga nag lo-long drive ako and stops for gas, nilalagayan ko na lang ng ice cube yung I/C ko :hihihi:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Cryonegic Intake System - Going Beyond Cold Air Intakes