New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Going topless

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • is cool

20 62.50%
  • impractical. just think of all the UV rays.

12 37.50%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    yep, cool and impractical. cool siguro kung peugot na convertible sa semi-urban but in MM, i don't think so. just imagine kung gano kadaming dumi ang pupunta sa muka mo. ang masama pa nun e kung mapuwing ung driver, tapos na aksidente pa. hahaha dedo. end of story...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    if ur gonna use it in MM, impractical sya.. pero if gamitin mo thru the twisty roads of tagaytay or baguio, pwede...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Convertibles here are Impractical for everyday use but are great for weekend driving without traffic. They should also be driven in places with miniamal traffic and pollution like Tagaytay, some areas in batangas, laguna and cavite. Most people consider people driving a convertible with the top down as 'Mayabang' but in reality that is the reason why they buy convertible to enjoy the wind in your face feeling. I myself is still looking for a cheap miata for an weekend toy car. Prices of convertible cars in the philippines is crazy, too high even if most people consider it impractical.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    come to think of it, we used to ride around in a 'convertible' back then -- i.e. at the back of a pickup B)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    come to think of it, we used to ride around in a 'convertible' back then -- i.e. at the back of a pickup B)
    *sigh*, those were the days... riding in the bed of a pickup truck with no seatbelt or safety equipment, and you could still breathe without choking to death, even in Metro Manila.

Siguro nga, in the 70's and 80's, a convertible could still make sense... nowadays, I hardly get to even use my sunroof (fear of smog and skin cancer...)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Here, I often see pretty girls in bikinis driving daddy's convertible Mustang GT (or the occasional convertible MB) during summer weekends. They just cruise around the neighborhood which is quite large. I see the girls with backpacks and books during weekdays. I guess that means they're jailbait.....
    I remember the first time I saw a pretty lady in a convertible. It was a fox-body mustang na red, with a young blonde driving, complete with sunglasses pa. hottie!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    convertibles are the best talaga im biased we buy these things to enjoy the wind, the elements and hear the growl of the engine especially at full speed much like how people buy big bikes for most of the same reasons

Cool, impractical and a magnet for "inggiteros" I love convertibles and it almost always starts a good conversation with anyone you meet

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    while i do like the looks of convertibles on some cars(mostly sports cars0 i wouldnt buy one not because its impractical reasons(i think its practical) but because it alot heavier when compared to the same model with a hard top.kinda defeats the purpose of having a sports car and adding weight on it.oh well...i like SUV's better than cars anyway so that pretty much leaves me out in the cold as far as convertibles,huh?..hehehe...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Its both cool AND impractical at the same time but you'd be surprised that there are some roadsters in the market today that offer "decent" luggage space na rin.[good enough for a roadster that is]

As far as putting the top down here in the philippines; sa mga provinces madalas pwede open top motoring because of lesser traffic hence less pollution. In metro manila? either madaling araw or during the wee hours of the morning [siguro 12 midnight onwards]

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    cool on a saturday night gimik...

very impractical monday to friday ;)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Convertibles. Cool or impractical?