New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Going topless

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • is cool

20 62.50%
  • impractical. just think of all the UV rays.

12 37.50%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    pareho lang ang amoy ng motorcycle driver sa driver ng convertible dito sa'tin ... amoy araw

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    pareho lang ang amoy ng motorcycle driver sa driver ng convertible dito sa'tin ... amoy araw

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    convertibles? sa province ok.

going topless? sa beach, ok na ok

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Depends what place you're in. But since most of us are in Jologs Jungle, then the impracticality far outweighs the COOL factor. You simply are exposing yourself to so much hassle with the top down in Metro Manila and even some of the bigger towns in outlying provinces, even in most parts of Baguio. Parking it unattended is also a big headache these days as the top can easily be ripped open by a box cutter or balisong.

But if I were in the USA, Europe, or other parts of Asia/Australia, then yeah I'll have one or two of those.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Sa probinsya pag linggo ng umaga puwede.

Not in EDSA or even as a daily driver.

Porma lang din naman yan kasi it's not as structurally rigid as their covered counterparts.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i grew up in LA. one of the best places in the world to own a vert (well, until the smog took over).

most of them drove around with the top up anyway, even on the most beautiful of days.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it is definitely COOL and definitely IMPRACTICAL in the phil.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    cool pag kasama mo is a 100 lbs supermodel, pero anything heavier than that, impractical.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Here, I often see pretty girls in bikinis driving daddy's convertible Mustang GT (or the occasional convertible MB) during summer weekends. They just cruise around the neighborhood which is quite large. I see the girls with backpacks and books during weekdays. I guess that means they're jailbait.....

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd rock a Miata... nothing else... because an old Miata doesn't make you a target for every assassin, carnapper and snatcher within a five mile radius.

Of course, when they notice the race slicks, chrome rollbars, Recaros and my full-body leather biker's suit and helmet, and hear the spool up of the turbo under the hood, that might change... ...anyone know if Miata interiors are waterproof? I don't think I'd ever drive that with the top up. :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Convertibles. Cool or impractical?