New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    I think they are better simply because of strict compliance in Quality Control

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They are generally better because the employees are happy. They are not stressed, they are paid well, they are given the best equipment to make manufacturing easier and there are numerous plant rules that help maintain vehicle quality like no wearing of watches or belts (that may scratch parts).

Compare this to a Land Rover plant (back when they were not under Ford or BMW) where the employees were actually eating while they assembled vehicles. And when new management told them to take off their belts and watches and stop eating while on the assembly line, gusto pa magstrike! No wonder Land Rover is known for their crappy build quality. Though I believe that they have done steps to improve quality, the stigma is hard to forget.

Dito naman sa Sta. Rosa, employess are not really paid that well which is kind of stressful especially kung may sinusuportahang pamilya, etc. The employees are also not capable of buying the products they produce (hence, wala silang masyadong malasakit sa ginagawa nila). Management is not exactly giving them a world class working environments (some things are still done the caveman way). Kaya hindi na rin ako magtatakang medyo may mga units na Lemonade flavor.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, Toyota's best factories are located in Japan. In fact, if I remebr right, only one factory in the world is certified to produce Lexus vehicles, Toyota's best factory in Japan.

Er... don't get me started on CBU vehicles from Shanghai though, hahaha

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CFU daw iyon, eh. Completely F*cked Up. hehehe.

Siguro they just need time to improve.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep..way better...3 years old na yung previa but even minor trouble wala....nag-adjust lang kami ng handbrake..thats it..heheheheh

our revo sr before 2 weeks pa lang binigyan na kami ng sakit ng ulo..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    What about the '06 Rav4, they are also CBU from Japan but which plant are they from?
    Check the left side door na ibenbenta dito:

Toyota Motor Corporation Japan:
    ACA33L (A33 = RAV4 LWB 2.4L engine or if not then A20 = RAV4 SWB 2.0L engine)

Plant: A54

A54= Tahara factory (Toyota Motor Corporation & Lexus Motor Corporation)
    Gawaan ng mga Lexus vehicles. Thus, this is the known as the "main source" of all Lexus vehicles.

Vehicles made here:
    RAV4, Avensis (option-fitting only), Lexus GS, Lexus IS, Lexus LS, Lexus RX (and JDM Harrier) among others.

Summary:
    Ang RAV4 na binebenta dito ay gawa sa pagawaan ng mga Lexus na kotse. Gawa ito sa pinakamagaling na pabrika ng Toyota Group sa buong mundo. Kaya pala wala pang nasisira na RAV4 na bago. All in top-shape pa rin :P

Tahara factory is one of the 12 Toyota factories located in Aichi area.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Other tidbits of info:

New Outlander (like the one na parating dito)

ALL UNITS ARE 100% MADE IN JAPAN (Okazaki factory and Mizushima factory)

No unit has been made outside Japan so full Japan-made quality is ASSURED

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yaris (Sedan and Hatch)/Belta/Vitz/whatever

Kanto Auto Body Works, Tsutsumi, Japan

Yung Yaris ni Kokonat is made from the factory as well as yung mga units na papunta sa States.

---------------------------------------------
    and......
    Mazda 5 is still made in Hiroshima, Japan (kaya no plans for overseas production atm)
    Last edited by Blackraven; February 27th, 2007 at 01:26 AM.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    whats the price difference for a japan CBu and other asean asemble car? isnt the no term cheaper labour equals lower quality products? jst my thoughts...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    whats the price difference for a japan CBu and other asean asemble car? isnt the no term cheaper labour equals lower quality products? jst my thoughts...
    As stated nga by Sir OTEP, the cheaper labor may also negative downsides as well. If workers are paid lower and have lesser benefits, this may indeed affect the quality of work. Also, in Japan, the quality control standards are stricter unlike in factories/plants outside it where it is lessened.

In Japan though, kung may nalaman na may defect/problem sa kotse, it can be traced kung sino ang gumawa ng kapalpakan ang that worker will take the hit for it.

So in short, automotive workers/employees are paid higher because they are expected to perform to higher standards. Slack off and they're finished (over there).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Japan CBU is better ba?

Oooh... let me list the problems that plagued my Japan CBU vehicle...

- aircon conked out just after 20K km... dirty air filter daw
    - engine died out on me and took the battery along with it due to a dirty throttle body... 30K km odometer
    - horns keep failing... the wirings are not sufficient... i had them changed
    - the left front & rear shocks failed
    - inherrent pull to the right
    - the vehicle's height is not level...
    - defect front disc brakes that ate away the brake pads in less than 25K km
    - rear transmission oil seal damage
    - rack & pinion damage that caused the ps fluid to leak
    - replacement of a bearing that required a tranny pulldown
    - squeaking of the clutch pedal
    - rattling of the tailgate (which I remedied by inserting a thin foam between the rear window & the plastic door moulding)
    - side garnish has a "leak" which traps water and lead to some very unsightly water marks
    Last edited by mazdamazda; February 28th, 2007 at 03:03 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    wow tibay pala ng rav4 mo m2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Are CBU Japan cars really better?